Highland Tour 7 16-17th September 2017

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    I'm in a similar situation as I live about 12 miles South of Doncaster......
    lol

Luckily it's not too far for me to attend The HBT's though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crikey, good effort, I did a fair bit of work up the road from you, for a papermill in Otley....happy days enjoyed my time down there... despite having to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I took it to Leeds last year, that was half the annual mileage in one weekend! Took it over 1k a year for the first time in a while. Just put new brakes on it, getting new tyres this week so no excuse not to use it.

Also at the moment I work every second weekend, that's changing as of March to every weekend off so should have more time to do car stuff

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    racking up the miles boy.... I did see it sitting outside Kenny's a few months back.

So as of March, hanging up your Postmasters hat, what's the plans? Been a good few years since Devanha shut down, time for a new brewery in the village???

Quote Originally Posted by mikeswagon View Post
    Crikey, good effort, I did a fair bit of work up the road from you, for a papermill in Otley....happy days enjoyed my time down there... despite having to work.

- - - Updated - - -

racking up the miles boy.... I did see it sitting outside Kenny's a few months back.

So as of March, hanging up your Postmasters hat, what's the plans? Been a good few years since Devanha shut down, time for a new brewery in the village???
    Bookkeeper. Getting made redundant, so this is the next step

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Cheers for all your comments folks. My favourite 'road' option would be the Wester Ross Trail but the route Gordon put up is a cracker & has been covered by ourselves before and is more accessible, would Aviemore (avoiding the A9 obviously) suit I wonder for base camp. We used the McDonald Hotel back in 2005 on a Cullen Run and we had our own dining area.

I do like the Inn at Torridon should we fancy the best part of the NC500 (Wester Ross Trail), might be a bit pricey for some but it looks to tick all the boxes if they have enough accommodation.

September was my first thought but if it clashes with a trip to Oxford then?? You really want to avoid the Highlands during peak season as the traffic (happy camper/caravans) does dilute the driving pleasure just a tad so June, July & August were not on my radar. Thoughts??

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Are you meaning the A93 route? Those from the South could meet at Broxden services and blast up the A93, those from the NE could join at Goodbrand & Ross at Corgarff - possible lunch/coffee venue?

I'm looking at organising a car club run to Aviemore this year, so have looked into it a bit. There's a new karting place just North of the town, I had thought of dinner on the steam train, and the brewery tour is excellent (crap tour, excellent tasting session afterwards!)

Hotel options include the MacDonald in the town, the Cairngorm, and the Hilton at Coylumbridge.

One thing to keep in mind is that Glenshee is the highest road in the UK - a nice wee tick for your Mini. The Lecht is the second!

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    No not the A93 in it's entirety but to the A939 at Crathie/Ballater then onto Nairn or using the A95 to Elgin has been covered in the main, quite a few times before. It's a cracker and is one of two that would be under serious consideration.

As already mentioned the other route could be :

NC500 Wester Ross link http://http://www.northcoast500.com/your-route/wester-ross.aspx

& in order to include our North East NMS'rs I am leaning towards Broxden Services in Perth as a starting point
    Last edited by Crombers; 11th January 2017 at 02:42 AM.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Like the sound of this Alan, could be a goer for me!

I'm also happy to organise a coffee and cars meet in the Aberdeenshire area and a longer run. Last years run was short as it was my first time organising one but will wait and see if gaps appear in my schedule and the meet/run schedule.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    With Oxford now on the map for August, we are good for go in September for a little jaunt up north. Will post up dates as soon as I get back to work on Friday to check my/colleagues rota's

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    With Oxford now on the map for August, we are good for go in September for a little jaunt up north. Will post up dates as soon as I get back to work on Friday to check my/colleagues rota's
    Good with me Allan
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Sounds great