R56 Front seats.

Car
    R56 Mini Cooper S
    Hi there.
    I've got two bucket style seats sitting in my garage and I was hoping to put them to use in my R56 Mini Cooper S.
    Does anybody know how to overcome the seat sensor and airbag warning lights coming on. Do you get any plug in adapters that cancel the warning lights from coming on or is there not a way to fit front seats that don't have air bags in them?

Many thanks,
    A.Cowan

On the R53, the resistors you need are 3.9ohm. 20p or something in Maplins.

Not sure what you need for the R56 but they might well be the same - wouldn't surprise me

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Dunbar, East Lothian, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Car
    R53 COOPER S
    these are fitted to mine no probs
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fused-3-6-...YAAOxyRhBS5vFF

Car
    R56 Mini Cooper S
    Thanks for all the replies. R11SGO, I have seen these a few times now but I'm puzzled to how they fit into the original plug/wiring loom. Will I need to cut any wiring etc to instal them or is it as simple as fitting them into the plug?

Any pictures/diagrams to highlight how these get installed would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    A.Cowan

I cut the wire before the connector, and soldered the resistor across the wire. The plan was that this would allow me to reattach the connector if I wanted to put the stock seats back in.

This has slightly gone out the window now the car has a rollcage welded in...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs