Queries - CBS servicing schedule & what does TLC cover? (R56)

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Can anyone explain:

a) Condition Based Servicing intervals for my R56 (gen2) MINI?
    and
    b) what exactly the TLC package covers?

So much conflicting information online about what items are condition-based and what items are time-based. I’m going to approach my local dealer to confirm the service history of my MINI but would rather be more informed than I am now! Just got doubts about mine being complete…

Engine oil & filter – CBS (approx. 20k miles about right?)
    Air filter - ???
    Brake fluid – very certain this is every 2 years.
    Micro filter (is that the cabin filter?) - ???
    Spark plugs – 60k miles for my N18 Cooper S?
    Items I’ve missed and their frequency?

(yes, I’ll be changing the engine oil/filter more frequently than the CBS suggests – 20k is far too many miles between changes IMO)

And the TLC package? Seems to be listed as 5 years / 50k miles – is that ANY number of services or is there a limit to how many you get?

Sorry I find this all bloody confusing. Thanks for any help/clarification.

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Guess others are just as confused as me?

Can anyone help at all?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Engine oil is when indicated (Roughly 20,000) or every 2 years.
    Brake fluid is every 2 years

Never had a car long enough for the rest sorry
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F56 Cooper
    My experience with the CBS is that it's incredibly complicated!

My R56 S was a very low millage car (had done something like 25k in 5 years) so whenever it came round to service time, I was told some options weren't available to me. I remember one time querying the filter and I was told unless I drive another 15,000 miles it won't get replaced!

So I can't directly answer your question but I can tell you it's bloody complicated haha!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Only had both my R56S's 6 and 5 months respectively.... so can't answer the questions sorry.... would never have another one either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW BLACK BEAST
    Microfilter is the pollen filter, you'll have your first service at about 20k for an Oil and Micro. The second service is a bigger service that has the oil, micro, air, spark plugs and probs vehicle check. The brake fluid after the first 3 years is every other year for the r56 I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Thanks all. Suspect my service book's just not been fully marked up for the pre-sale service my MINI was supposed to get before I collected it. Trip to the dealer coming up...

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    OK, resolved. Popped into local dealer (Stirling) this morning who confirmed a few things.

CBS works around a nominal figure of 18,000 miles between services but largely depends on type of use. Also has a 2-year limit, so car should be serviced when it tells you OR after 2 years from previous service (whatever comes first).

Brake fluid: every 3 years (apparently 'older' MINIs - I think he means R53s) are every 2 years for fluid but R56/F56 upped to every 3).

What confused me (and the salesman when I bought the car) was my MINI was first registered Dec 2012 but original owner missed first service by 5 weeks: it didn't have first service until Feb 2015. Brake fluid was done on time in Dec 2015. Then it had a 'vehicle check' in Oct 2016 before I bought it in Nov and discs/pads front and rear were done then. Confusion was the selling dealer told me it was 'fully serviced' before sale which is incorrect: it's actually due a major service in Feb 2017 and thankfully I've had it confirmed it's still covered by the TLC package. Phew.

Going to wait until Feb to get the service done and then change the oil annually between official services for piece of mind.