Changing sidelights

Car
    Mini Roadster
    I'm gonna upgrade my sidelights on my r56 to led, but iv heard some people have a problem getting the old bulb out, any one ever had this?
    Mini Roadster chilli pack,

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Never had a problem getting the bulb out Ian. With some of the LEDs you do get a sidelight fault coming up after a few months
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Ive had a struggle everytime getting the sidelights out. They are a night mare donr them on a few r56's and they are really bad for seizing in place. You need to twist them them about 90 degress i use plyers but be really careful not to crush the plug. Make sure its canbus bulbs you are puting in.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Car
    Mini Roadster
    Yeah got error free bulbs, just heard the plug is a nightmare to get out

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianstwt_r56 View Post
    Yeah got error free bulbs, just heard the plug is a nightmare to get out
    Take the cap off in the wheel arch and then twist the light and pull out. Its usually after a few months Ian as they start to corrode
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    I gave up with mine - could only twist them about 45deg and was scared to twist further as knowing my luck I'd break something. That's on a 4-yr old 37k car, guess they're not well enough protected from the elements.

I tried it with the wheel off too for extra space but no success.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by a11y View Post
    I gave up with mine - could only twist them about 45deg and was scared to twist further as knowing my luck I'd break something. That's on a 4-yr old 37k car, guess they're not well enough protected from the elements.

I tried it with the wheel off too for extra space but no success.
    Cant remember how i got mine out the first time i think i just went at with the attitude of being willing to replace the plug. Was a hell of a lot of force put into get it twist it did eventually turn and now ive cleaned up the are and put on some copper grease and they come out no problem now.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Car
    Mini Roadster
    Got it out easy but the actual led bulb was to wide to fit through the hole songonna have to order different ones now