2003 R53 JCW - Dark Grey - 75000 miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cheers Fraser, I'm surprised you could see the car through all the salt and road grime at the moment.

I hope your journey on the trains was better than mine today, trains cancelled, running late and then terminating before reaching where they were meant to go.

15" wheels, they're the way forward ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    Sorry to hear about the pending sale ... I'll be doing the same shortly too unfortunately with personal circumstances changing at the mo but I'll be sticking with the MINI brand. GLWTS and mind speak to me about some bits you might have spare ...

Cheers Davy. I'm hoping I can get the work done on the house for a price that doesn't require the sale. But if needs must. Thanks for the attachment. You can't sell yours, it's the R53 I try to emulate.

It is not a big deal to wire them in , just takes a lead from the ceiling light circuits. When mine was don eit was jsut a couple of holes in plaster and cable pulled through. the units then communicate with each other but have mains supply.

Quote Originally Posted by goodingm View Post
    It is not a big deal to wire them in , just takes a lead from the ceiling light circuits. When mine was don eit was jsut a couple of holes in plaster and cable pulled through. the units then communicate with each other but have mains supply.
    Thanks, I thought it was a whole re-wiring job. Maybe the car can stay, I've spent almost the asking price in the 3 and a half years I've owned it getting it mechanically perfect. Davy will say I should have spent some of that on cleaning products, and he's probably right.

Sure there is a couple cilantro grant he can apply for....

Friend of mine had those requirements when she set up as a child carer

Grant was about £2000......

Quote Originally Posted by bpirie1000 View Post
    Sure there is a couple cilantro grant he can apply for....

Friend of mine had those requirements when she set up as a child carer

Grant was about £2000......
    Thanks for that 😊

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's fairly straight forward to wire smokies from lighting if the lighting has been wired using. "Loop-in" method, basically there's a permanent live and neutral at the ceiling rose.

Most newish installations are wired like that 80's onwards at a guess.

The good think from the post/guide above, it doesn't mention the smokies have to communicate with each other.

Position for them is straight forward, you're not protecting the room, your protecting the escape route. (With an additional heat detector in the kitchen.)

Basically if the escape route gets filled with smoke the alarm should sound. But if a bedroom or cupboard has a fire, it doesn't need to raise alarm (until the escape route gets smoke in it)

If you google "Fire Alarm Design for Domestic Deellings guide" you'll probably find an easy guide with better explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's brilliant thank you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk