2003 R53 JCW - Dark Grey - 75000 miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It looks like I may have to sell my R53 after we were told today that my son's house needs a chunk of rewiring, so I'm floating the idea of selling it.

2003 R53 JCW
    75000 miles
    10 months MOT

Chili pack
    Harman Kardon
    Climate Control
    Anthracite interior
    Panoramic Roof
    Reverse sensors
    Privacy Glass
    Auto dipping rear view mirror
    Auto wipers
    Facelift headlights

Full 200 JCW spec;
    Gas flowed head
    JCW exhaust
    ECU upgrade

17% Kavs pulley
    380cc JCW injectors
    Orranje Airbox
    K&N filter
    Airtec intercooler

Team Dynamics Pro Sport 1.2 wheels (15x7 / et -35) - unmarked
    Yokohama AD08R 195/50/15 tyres - new

Work completed since I've owned (3 years);
    Radiator
    Oil cooler
    Brakes and lines
    Thermostat
    Expansion bottle and cap
    Supercharger belt
    Power steering pump
    Power steering pipes
    Powerflex front wishbone bushes
    Heater matrix
    Oil pressure sender
    Battery

I'll upload some recent photos this weekend, but the car is is good condition with no panel damage or rust.

It drives beautifully with really tight handling and no odd mechanical noises. The engine pulls very strongly.

£4750

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jdl_1967; 21st November 2016 at 10:59 PM.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    That's a real shame John about the problems with his house and that you may have to sell the MINI to help out... GLWTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've yet to get the quote back, but it needs a new fuse box and a fire alarm system hard wired in. Hopefully the work won't swallow all the sale proceeds.

Why does it need a hard wired fire alarm?

He's renting it out as he's moved away to London and apparently it needs a hard wired system by law now.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe the requirement is that if one smoke detector detects smoke, the others must also sound alarm. I.e. Be in communication.

I'd clarify the regs first as there could be quite a bit cost difference in the installation. There's plenty of wireless "systems" on the market now.

Thanks that's great, I'll speak to the council as I think it's them that have to sign it off. Thanks again, John

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56

You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Sorry to hear about the pending sale ... I'll be doing the same shortly too unfortunately with personal circumstances changing at the mo but I'll be sticking with the MINI brand. GLWTS and mind speak to me about some bits you might have spare ...

You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    2007 MINI Cooper
    Saw this car today in Dunblane, on my way to the train station. Looks great, especially like how the wheels look on it
    2007 MINI Cooper 🚗