Seeking advice: exhaust for a R56 Cooper S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I have some go pro of my exhaust pre decat i could send you if you like and if you find ian on instagram he has a video of his exhaust

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Car
    Cooper
    Got a great system from the guys at Pipe Dynamics in Leven in Fife full custom made system in stainless for every car, wouldn't go anywhere else tbh

Car
    Mini Roadster
    My Instagram is ijstewart. Give me a follow while your their too
    Mini Roadster chilli pack,

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianstwt_r56 View Post
    My Instagram is ijstewart. Give me a follow while your their too
    I struggle with any social media other than Facebook...

But found you: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMeBKMqg...n-by=ijstewart - Scorpion straight turbo back? Excuse my ignorance but do you mean decaf in there too? That sounds lovely, possibly a bit on the lairy/loud side for me but hard to be sure.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by a11y View Post
    I struggle with any social media other than Facebook...

But found you: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMeBKMqg...n-by=ijstewart - Scorpion straight turbo back? Excuse my ignorance but do you mean decaf in there too? That sounds lovely, possibly a bit on the lairy/loud side for me but hard to be sure.
    Ive got a 0-60 of mine before the decat my insta is m600_rkj

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    Ive got a 0-60 of mine before the decat my insta is m600_rkj

Thanks, just had a listen. Was the 0-60 vid totally standard or was that without the centre resonator? Found another of your older videos of what you say is standard JCW exhaust and it sounds brilliant to me! I'm starting to wonder if there is in fact a bigger difference in volume between the standard S exhaust and JCW. I guess one route for me might be a JCW rear only, see how I get on, then if still too quiet look at either removal/changing centre resonator or a sports cat? (decay does appeal but not come MOT time or potential insurance implications).

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Thanks, just had a listen. Was the 0-60 vid totally standard or was that without the centre resonator? Found another of your older videos of what you say is standard JCW exhaust and it sounds brilliant to me! I'm starting to wonder if there is in fact a bigger difference in volume between the standard S exhaust and JCW. I guess one route for me might be a JCW rear only, see how I get on, then if still too quiet look at either removal/changing centre resonator or a sports cat? (decay does appeal but not come MOT time or potential insurance implications).
    Sorry I have 3 videos of the exhaust stndard the 0-60 was with jcw back bax and no resonator. Ive always thought the mini sounds really good anyway but yeah even when my car was totally standard it seemed to pop a little more than others

Car
    Mini Roadster
    The recent one I put up is just the cat back, the decat is currently off the car

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianstwt_r56 View Post
    The recent one I put up is just the cat back, the decat is currently off the car
    Thanks, I really do quite like the sound of yours but just maybe a tad lairy for me but I'll keep it in mind. Wasn't one I'd considered until hearing your video. I do enjoy the drive up to Crieff via Glendevon/Gleneagles so might give you a shout sometime if that was OK?

Car
    Mini Roadster
    Thanks, I really do quite like the sound of yours but just maybe a tad lairy for me but I'll keep it in mind. Wasn't one I'd considered until hearing your video. I do enjoy the drive up to Crieff via Glendevon/Gleneagles so might give you a shout sometime if that was OK?
    Why not go for a resonated one in that case. Would be slightly quieter. Yeah sounds great I'm always up for a drive