Thread: Daily Diesel

Default Daily Diesel

So, i am being made redundant pretty soon, which means my company car will go.

Im hoping to keep the mini and get another car to do the commute etc.

Im after diesel, auto, less than 4000.

Do you have any suggestions?

Stealing all the gold!

Sorry to hear bud.
    MINI F56 John Cooper Works
    18" Cup Spokes with Yokohama Advan AD08Rs, JCW Pro Aero Kit, JCW Pro Exhaust, Duell AG Rear Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_works View Post
    Sorry to hear bud.
    Thanks. Its got to been seen as an opportunity really, i have been telling everyone i wanted to become a personal trainer for years, now i have the chance to do so, the redundancy will pay for the course.

Being made redundant from a job you don't like is a bit of a blessing i suppose.

Car
    '16 JCW

Good luck mate! Hope it all works out to your plan
    Chewing through the restraints every night

Car
    07/06/2004 R50 & Alfie's Corsa SRi

I run about in a 57 plate Fiesta diesel as a daily & taking our Westie, Alfie out & about. It's a 1.4 & returns 50 mpg on average motoring. Great handling wee car & the newer version that I have driven as a hire car is just as good. 4K might get you a Mk7 ��

"BMW nailed the new MINI concept first time out and I'm not convinced they've bettered it since..........It's the first examples of each breed that have proved the most inspirational, BMW's first MINI was indeed it's best" - MK1 R50 MINI COOPER
    (EVO December 2009)

13 MINIfascination 13

Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    I run about in a 57 plate Fiesta diesel as a daily & taking our Westie, Alfie out & about. It's a 1.4 & returns 50 mpg on average motoring. Great handling wee car & the newer version that I have driven as a hire car is just as good. 4K might get you a Mk7 ��
    My first company vehicle was a fiesta van, a 1.6 diesel, 80000 miles in it and loved it. If i hadn't swapped for an auto i would be super happy with another one of those. Ideally after something a bit bigger this time though.

I'd be looking at what taxi drivers buy - Avensis maybe, or 4-cylinder Merc. Although 4-cylinder diesels are a bit grim IMO, so could you stretch to a six - 530d?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I'd be looking at what taxi drivers buy - Avensis maybe, or 4-cylinder Merc. Although 4-cylinder diesels are a bit grim IMO, so could you stretch to a six - 530d?
    530d would be nice, have had a few bmws in the past, would have to be a high miler to fit my budget though!

Problem is, everything i can afford is going to be disappointing after driving an Amarok for the last two years..