Hello (again) from Falkirk *waves*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Hi all,

Not yet a MINI owner but getting close I think. Currently shopping for a post-2010 Cooper S hatch having been without a car for over 18 months - gave up a very nice BMW 330i M Sport as it wasn't getting used enough to justify keeping it. Test drove a Cooper S for the first time today and I'm completely unused to anything with a bit of oomph with my only driving since being my VW campervan or the wife's 4x4

This is sort of a "hello again" rather than just a "hello" as - although I've never owned a MINI - I've attended a few NMS meets in the past with a mate who owner a Cooper a few years back. A rainy meet in Galashiels involving a cinema visit for a private screening of The Italian Job (from memory the initial Charlize Theron scene was replayed, ahem, more than once...).

And also a trip to Oban via Balloch in 2009: https://www.flickr.com/gp/a11y_m/3Q8yU2

Hope to be joining the fold soon
    Ally

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Welcome back Ally. Hopefully see you at a meet soon in your new car
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Welcome Back. That was my Argyll Run back then - ah the memories . Crombers with the Hamanns on... Scottie in her Coop, Sheilz in Dougal... and my BEP JCW .... great stuff. Hope to see you at a meet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Thanks. Should hopefully be able to see plenty more run photos by clicking into the above photo. It was either that run or another, we had approx 20 cars nose to tail down a single track road somewhere just north of Tyndrum after turning left off the A82? The look on folk's faces trying to go the opposite way was either mild amusement or total frustration

Anyway, it’s done... Placed deposit on Saturday after viewing a few cars over the past week. White silver Cooper S hatch 2012/62. Fairly ordinary with chili pack and black roof/wheels/mirrors, with a nice extra of heated seats. Colour didn’t do much for me in the sale photos but looked completely different in person – guessing it’s a pearlescent paint? Might lose the bonnet stripes but I’ll live with them at first and see if they grow on me.

Not even collected it yet but I’ve already acquired a set of winter wheels (17” R97 flame design) with Bridgestone Blizzaks ready for fitting in a few weeks time. Was too good an opportunity not to go for them.

Excited doesn’t cover it

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Looks great. Looking forward to seeing you at a meet soon
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Lovely colour and see you soon
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Nice one.... yeah that road was Glen Orchy.. tight and bumpy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 Challenge Edition #20
    Welcome aboard.

White silver is a great choice, we love it.

Looks great with the contrasting roof and wheels - great choice - happy new car!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Welcome back to NMSland

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    Welcome back.

And a wee glimpse back at my Black Cooper Works in the gallery. Seems like such a long time ago now.