Airbag light and a leak

Hey folks.

Got an airbag warning light on my dash the other day...tried resetting it by holding the dash button and turning my key to position one...it flashed and came on again.

Anyone any other helps, without a reader....or has someone got one iciuld come see and let it be cleared for beers? 😃

Also, the car has a leak, it stinks of dampness, is there common areas to check? I've checked the panoramic sunfroof, seems ok, checked my boot but I can't see where it could be.

It's a 52 plate R53 cooper S
    And I'm in Ayrshire if anyone is able to help.

Thanks

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Check the battery tray for water if so it is either the rear light seals or the boot seal
    Not sure if they have a trait for leaky heater matrix but that could also be at fault for your leak
    As for the airbag light have a look at the connections under the seats and make sure that they are all good or that there is no broken or nipped wires
    Cheers Craig

- - - Updated - - -

The other place it maybe coming from is the drivers and or passenger sides door seals
    Do a google search on this as there are many causes of why they leak

Even if you fix the airbag fault, the light won't go off until you reset it. You need a B200 airbag tool, this will tell you the fault and allow you to clear it once you fix it.

I've got one but I'm near Aberdeen

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by craigib76 View Post
    Check the battery tray for water if so it is either the rear light seals or the boot seal
    Not sure if they have a trait for leaky heater matrix but that could also be at fault for your leak
    As for the airbag light have a look at the connections under the seats and make sure that they are all good or that there is no broken or nipped wires
    Cheers Craig

- - - Updated - - -

The other place it maybe coming from is the drivers and or passenger sides door seals
    Do a google search on this as there are many causes of why they leak
    Yeah I sat and checked all the wires tonight in at work. They seem ok, even giving them a wiggle didn't blip the light at all.

Leak, I cannot see or feel or smell where the leak is...I couldn't get a smell at all but I can sometimes when I first get in the car...strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Even if you fix the airbag fault, the light won't go off until you reset it. You need a B200 airbag tool, this will tell you the fault and allow you to clear it once you fix it.

I've got one but I'm near Aberdeen

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Ah that's good to know but also not so much lol.

I'll ask if any of my mechanic mates has that about though.

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    Have you checked the boot for the leak? It is very common for the battery compartment to fill with water because the seal around the rear hatch is prone to rot and let in water.

Also, airbag warning lights are very common on early cars as the wires are the absolute minimum length required to make a connection and therefore they stretch when someone sits on a front seat. My light was on and off for about 12 years until the new MOT regs finally forced me to get the wires extended in length to stop the problem from constantly recurring.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.