52 plate cooper s new head unit

Hey troops

Recently got a R53 cooper S and looking at changing the head unit to one that isn't basic.

Any recommendations? Been a while since I've looked at stuff like this lol

Is it as simple as most other cars to take out and put a new 1 in?

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    I have a Kenwood KDC-BT48DAB in my R53. It has Bluetooth, DAB, 2x USB ports and can control an iPod/iPhone. Easy enough to swap out, just takes time to remove the various screws that fasten the vertical pillars either side of the radio slot. Then it's a matter of plugging it into the existing loom - probably best to get one with the radio, that's what I did. You also need to fit a DAB aerial and if using the bluetooth, the microphone. I have the aerial on the passenger side of the windscreen and the mic just to the top right of the driver's side.

Search on eBay for "Mini R53 Radio" and there are loads that come with all you need to install.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.