New Battery

Hello all. It's getting near that time of year again so I thought I'd get a new battery to see me over winter. Old one not holding its charge too well. Thought it would be simple but somebody said I need to get the battery " coded " to the car. ???????? And that it's got to go through a dealer. Surely not. Not for something as simple as this. Car is a March 2007 MCS R56. No stop start that I'm aware of. Any advice or recommendations would be good.

Thanks
    Last edited by Gasmark7; 10th October 2016 at 01:06 PM.

No. Plug and play

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    As above

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

What on earth is this " coding " thing??

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Under certain circumstances the car (ECU) has to know when the battery has been changed, same with an alternator all to do with charging rates.
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
    Under certain circumstances the car (ECU) has to know when the battery has been changed, same with an alternator all to do with charging rates.
    I remember Dan telling us this that on certain cars for certain circumstances the battery will need to be coded
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

If modern cars need batteries to be coded, that's another reason to steer clear IMO and look at older models.

Whatever next!

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    If modern cars need batteries to be coded, that's another reason to steer clear IMO and look at older models.

Whatever next!
    My thoughts exactly!