Battery

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    A 2008 Cooper we have is in the garage on axle stands awaiting my sister taking it after she passes her test, fingers crossed for next week.
    The car is SORN'ed but the battery is needing replaced.

The car has stop/start technology and according to Halfrauds and other websites we would be better off getting an AGM battery that is pricier rather than the normal version.

Settle an argument please, I say go for the higher price AGM battery, other family members say no, just go the normal cheaper priced battery.

Thoughts please,

thanks guys

Always buy the best/dearest battery IMO. Same with tyres, brakes etc.

You'll be thankful on a cold wet night when you need the car to start

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I would go with what MINI recommend this will most likely be the more expensive one
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 GP
    I recently fitted a new battery to my R53 GP and was advised by my mechanic to have a look at AGM batteries as used in Stop/Start cars, as they take longer to discharge.
    They may be more expensive but worth it if car is not used daily.
    The GP battery was 10 years old, the original OEM one and was struggling to turn the engine over with the new cams/injectors/ map etc the car now has.
    I went for one and bought it online for £105 delivered from
    http://www.pellontyres.co.uk/Contact
    cheapest I could find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by maxibaby; 11th October 2016 at 08:44 AM.