Individual Throttle Bodies on an R50?

Its not something I'm considering doing, but something I'm interested in.

Does anyone know of any build threads on any forums, or anywhere i could do a bit of reading about ITB's on minis?

Thank in advance

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by will69176 View Post
    Its not something I'm considering doing, but something I'm interested in.

Does anyone know of any build threads on any forums, or anywhere i could do a bit of reading about ITB's on minis?

Thank in advance
    Not something I have saw on a MINI but a friend did it with his N/A EP3
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Seems common in hondas, I guess they must work well with the vtec??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Apparently it really only works with n/a cars

According to the searches I found it could possibly be done but would cost a lot more than its gains would provide
    Last edited by craigib76; 21st September 2016 at 08:31 AM.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Not something I've seen done on MINIs
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by craigib76 View Post
    Apparently it really only works with n/a cars

According to the searches I found it could possibly be done but would cost a lot more than its gains would provide
    i wouldn't expect it would get near the power of a standard R53, i suppose thats why its not really been done.

Did a bit of looking, looks like a couple have tried it. Jenvey do a kit for it.

I suppose if there was any reason why forced induction wasn't an option it would be worthwhile, is that why rally cars use them?

The Dutch lad on MT with the silver R50 I'm sure at least tried this.

Would sound ace but use loads of fuel. Loads of folk have thought about taking an R50 to R53 levels of power, and the answer is always the same - just buy an R53

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car #3, BMW 320Cd, Celica GTFour
    I think you mean Nic the Greek lad on MiniTorque.

It's not something I would bother with for the marginal gains, even with a nod to the not brilliant plastic manifold design on the R50. The headache of management on dbw throttle is also a consideration.

Aye that's the fella. Been so long since I've looked at his build thread. Did he ever get it to work properly, with dbw?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car #3, BMW 320Cd, Celica GTFour
    Dunno, I've been pretty delinquent on my forum following for the past 6 months or so and never really followed his build. He used to ask us questions now and then based on what we were doing with the race motors but haven't heard from him in some time.