Adding tweeters to an r56

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Ive got new a pillar covers arriving for my 2008 mcs later this week, wondered if anyone had already added tweeters and could give me some pointers on how difficult a job it is or the best way of going about it. Never touched anything to do with radios or speakers in a car before. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Mark

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 SD (Black)
    I personally would get a good set of component speakers and separate the tweeter from the mid, and wire accordingly. It will be a faff passing the wires up to the 'A' pillars but probably my method of choice.
    Any plans to amp speakers in the future (to improve sound) ?

Hopefully someone else may have a couple of useful tips.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Kettlepot View Post
    I personally would get a good set of component speakers and separate the tweeter from the mid, and wire accordingly. It will be a faff passing the wires up to the 'A' pillars but probably my method of choice.
    Any plans to amp speakers in the future (to improve sound) ?

Hopefully someone else may have a couple of useful tips.
    To be honest ive absolutely no clue when it comes to stereos. Was in a mini recently that had the H/K system forst time i had been in a car with "to me" a high quality sound system so i just want to improve mine as much as i can without spending silly money. Just want to have a bit more punch the standard system seems to be a bit flat if that makes sense. The H/K seemed to enhance some of the notes that the standard stereo would ignore.

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 SD (Black)
    I have dabbled with stereos in other cars but not in the current MINI, the best thing to improve first is where the sound comes from (the stereo) but as we all know MINI have stopped us changing that (if you ever want to update anything ever again) from what I've heard, a good bang for buck is a channel swap. Swapping the front feeds to the rear and vice versa. This is simply done with a little wiring harness.

You could go the hole hog and put an after market stereo in the secret compartment and tap into existing speakers.

Why not give the channel swap a try first, then go for some components and possibly and a small amp. Even a sub to handle some of the bass so you aren't pushing the other speakers as much.
    Sorry for going on a bit

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    ^^^^ channel swap it makes a huge difference just a coupple of things tbo do you have PDC ? Or sat nav or both ? As it will swap that round as well it it will come.from.the back rather than the front

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    I just happen to have a channel swap for sale as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Really appreciate the advice. Ive seen the channel swaps on ebay but had no idea what they were for. Will be something i will need to look into.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive just got the mini boost no media rob but if it makes a big difference. I could easily deal with the phone coming from the rear

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to the run on the 25th. If you wouldnt mind could you take the channel swap with you

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Roadster R59
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLemming View Post
    I just happen to have a channel swap for sale as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Channel swap still available?