R53 Facelift Xenon - How do the washers operate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, can someone tell me how the washers for the headlights are meant to operate?

(I didn't even know they had washers until the other day!)

Are they meant to come on with the window washers if the headlights are on?

do the nozzles poke out the headlight trims at the section parts?

I've not seen any activity from mines at all, but I seen a soapy puddle appear from my OS wheel this morning, and then found a pipe disconnected from the OS HL (that I've now reconnected).

I've also noticed the yellow flashing light on the washer/wiper stalk, is this indicating low level? does the water bottle have to have enough water in it before the nozzles pop out?

Thanks in advance.

They pop out when you use the windscreen washers when the sidelights are on - doesn't need to be full headlights. After the first wash, they operate every second/third pull on the washer stalk.

Yellow light does mean low fluid, not sure if that would stop them working though

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    They pop out when you use the windscreen washers when the sidelights are on - doesn't need to be full headlights. After the first wash, they operate every second/third pull on the washer stalk.

Yellow light does mean low fluid, not sure if that would stop them working though
    thanks, i'll go check them out.

- - - Updated - - -

I pulled the lever and they popped out, so filled them up, but they don't seem to be popping out now, and I've tried the window sqooshers 6 or 7 times.

Strange

Check the voltage going to the motors - the pump could have burned out in the reservoir if it was empty

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

The bits are popping out now, but I think the pipe is off at the bottle as can see a drip drip at NS door.

Will need to look at how to get into the bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    IIRC they use water pressure to pop out although perhaps MINI are different. It could be a blockage perhaps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you need to take the A-panel off to get to the bottle, you need to lower the skirt as well. Bit of a faff

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'll get a squint at the weekend.

Im sure for the R53 they have a separate washer fluid tank from the windscreen washers.
    Goto directly the opposite side of the windscreen washer flap under the bonnet. Should be another flap for the Xenon washers.
    Try putting some washer fluid into that and give that a try mate.

Yeah, think the pipe must have came off the bottle. Will need to take the little side panel off, or maybe the arch liner for a look.