Another r56/53 debate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Want More BHP!
    Car
    Leon tdi stage 2 soon to have R56 cooper s
    Just out in the wifes r50 and love how it handles, iv driven a fair few alot faster cars but love how it handles only down side is its too slow for me.
    I really want a r56 cooper s but obv read the handlings crap. ....is there any way to make it as fun as the gen 1?? Would a set lowering springs/coilovers make it on par/better

Cheers

And sorry to open a can worms haha

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Coils make a big difference on a R56 bit still dont feel as raw as an R53

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Never felt that any of my R56s handled crap, not sure where you got that from. I would take an R56 over an R53 any day.
    With a few mods such as intake, decat, IC and map you can get yourself a quick car.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Never found one of the R56/55 variants not to handle .....always people with their own views on which handles/goes better and that's fine because that's the one they will end up with ......bad handling MINI not found one
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    I would take an R56 over an R53 any day.
    This being said i would rather an R53 over a N14 any day much more reliable

New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I agree with Brian on that they all handle well but the newer you go the more refined they have become i find the R50/53 to feel of the road ect is different from the R56 can not comment on the F56 not driven it enuf to know.

So it all depends on what your looking for in the car its not always how much power you have.

New sig coming soon

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Iv never driven a r56 so cant comment jus alot ppl sayin its not as good as the 53

Im not wantin a 53 as a daily dont think u could afford the mpg hahaha will get one whe wifes cooper dies

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    This being said i would rather an R53 over a N14 any day much more reliable

Never had any bother with any of our N14s. That being said they where all new.

But never came across a bad hadling MINI. All comes down to personal choice. But for the amount of tubing questions you have asked an R56 will give you better results and still retain a good fuel consumption
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ss82 View Post
    Iv never driven a r56 so cant comment jus alot ppl sayin its not as good as the 53

Im not wantin a 53 as a daily dont think u could afford the mpg hahaha will get one whe wifes cooper dies
    ^^^ this is the problem. If you've never driven one don't feel put off about them until you have. There's loads of folk that have had them without issues and I've never known of a bad handling MINI full stop. I agree that issues have been caused by cheap suspension being fitted but that's another topic. I've never had any issues with mpg on the R53 and I drive mine daily. How many miles you doing a day ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    I do about 300/350 miles a week per day it changes tho, iv already got parts for the 56 ill def be gettin one them hopefully at n18 one, was jus wary bout ppl sayin handling was abit ropey.

Sayin that i wont b chuckin it about alot as normally kids n wife are in the car but when I'm on my own I drive like a stole it haha