Another r56/53 debate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Want More BHP!
    Car
    Leon tdi stage 2 soon to have R56 cooper s
    As said ill b gettin a 56 jus wanted help on handling lol
    Ill get my wife a 53 tho as its not used much

The R53 & R56 have a pretty much identical chassis. Some slight differences, but really not as much as you'd think

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post

So it all depends on what your looking for in the car its not always how much power you have.
    After 12 years in an R50 Cooper, I'd have to agree

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Mustv been half asleep when I read some the posts sorry, stoney I want a quick car for day to day driving, that can be seriously flung about when I get the chance haha

I love driving country rounds and a&b roads so needs tl beable to have the grunt to over take if needs to.
    My plans for the car are decat, fmic, cai, and major service pretty much as soon as I get it, then get a remap maybe a exhaust depending how loud the decat is haha

My aim is about 240/250hp reliably tho

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Alot of ppl have said the n14 is hit or miss,the problem is that the n14 is now between say 6&10years old and as said if last oerson didnt look after it I could be buyin a shagger, yeh I will hunt about etc and pick the best one I can buy for the cash iv got at the time, but the hpfp amd timing chain issues scare rhe crap out me, id look for one with both done or at least 1 done, I also said to my wife if I bought a n14 id replace the tensioner bolt asap aswell.

Realistically any second hand car u buy can fail as dono how well its been loved to a certain degree, someone couldv had it on the track every mile its life but maintained it yet a old granny cudv drove it like a milk cart but never maintained it if u get me