Head Gasket gone for the second time!!! Only done 297 miles!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    L Plates
    Car
    R53 cooper s
    Well the car is now back with the garage who did the initial repair. They have been kind enough to say that they will look at it free of charge. Worst case scenario is that this is a completely separate fault and i'm then going to strip the car for parts. So if you are in the market for fairly new parts including:

Airtech intercooler
    17% pulley, belt and NGK plugs
    GTT air cold air induction kit
    GTT reroute exhaust pipe
    GTT reconditioned supercharger
    etc, etc

May be my next step! :-(

No way, worse case you could buy a different bare engine and swap over all your bits, couple of weekends work if you haven't done it before, but you'll be very satisfied and it will be worth it when you turn the key and it fires up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L Plates
    Car
    R53 cooper s
    So it was another head gasket failure but the garage understand that it shouldn't have gone again like that. They have been absolutely fantastic and treated me very well. They are fixing it free of charge!!

That said the car gets traded in shortly and i have removed the Airtec Intercooler and it is now up on the for sale section after approval from moderator.

Bye bye R53 :-(