Timing Chains - all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Well an update. Sadly I've no longer got the mini.
    It turns out after an extended time in the garage that the wrong timing chain was fitted (I didn't know). There was a coming together of pistons and valves, new Pistons and cyclinder head etc fitted, while it was in the garage. They owned up to the calamity and I said I wanted my old car back and the cash. I didn't have any faith in it once it had so many new parts fitted. The garage did the swap back without question.

The following day I looked at 5 further S's in dealerships all around 08/09'plates, oh and a 60 too, but was a bit pricey.
    Now given the history of my 08 plate and the issues with the chain and the death rattle I reluctantly decided to not buy another MK2 MCS. Boooooooo I hear you say. I must have just had bad luck. So, never say never I'm on the hunt for a Supercharged S as a weekend toy. Hopefully it's a straight forward painfree experience.

Going back to the Mk2 S. The new owners been in contact and sadly, very sadly the MCS hasn't lived to fight another day.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

Si

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    That's not so good ,but as long as you are not stuck with it ,and all down to the wrong part being fitted
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Indeed. So buying an old R53 S looks like a plan, a weekend toy.
    Tell me they're OK. Apart from the fuel consumption and road tax.

Si

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Thats a shame but as said at least they owned up to it !!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    Mini Cooper S R56
    They owned up to me but not the new owner it seems. I've pm'd the new owner to see if they got a positive outcome at the dealer. Hopefully they've been dealt with in the same manner as I was. I hope they don't get burnt on that S.