R53 brake upgrade

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I have hell and no problems with them

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

just to confirm, if i go for the JCW callipers the correct discs size would be 294mm?

the hoses fitment is the same for standard R53 brakes and the JCW ones?

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Disc size is defo 294mm but the hoses are different
    Think they are banjo ends and not the std screw in type

Quote Originally Posted by craigib76 View Post
    Disc size is defo 294mm but the hoses are different
    Think they are banjo ends and not the std screw in type
    Thanks Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R53 JCW have the same connections as stock R53

R56S, whilst being the same calipers, have a different fitting

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Some good info coming out of this discussion
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Some good info coming out of this discussion
    I know! Certainly making my purchasing a bit easier!

Are you thinking about doing this too?

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Yeah....if can find someone doing an R56 JCW upgrade with standard R56 brakes going cheap
    The brake feel on our ONE are terrible....well I think so anyway but the missus says they're alright ....lol
    Just seems to have loads of travel before it starts to do anything. I've changed the discs, pads, fluids and had the whole system bled but still no difference. It almost like its something to do with the servo. Next on the list is braided hoses but can't see that making much difference to the travel. Don't get me wrong it still stops okay I just don't like the "feel" of them. Like I said earlier I missed Elmans R56 set-up which was going for a song which would have been ideal.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Yeah....if can find someone doing an R56 JCW upgrade with standard R56 brakes going cheap
    The brake feel on our ONE are terrible....well I think so anyway but the missus says they're alright ....lol
    Just seems to have loads of travel before it starts to do anything. I've changed the discs, pads, fluids and had the whole system bled but still no difference. It almost like its something to do with the servo. Next on the list is braided hoses but can't see that making much difference to the travel. Don't get me wrong it still stops okay I just don't like the "feel" of them. Like I said earlier I missed Elmans R56 set-up which was going for a song which would have been ideal.
    Looks like it's going to cost me about £400 for an r56 set up in total.
    Does it sound about right to you?

If that's new pads and discs as well, I would say that's good

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs