Upgrading standard Boost stereo

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    Ok, so my 2008 cooper has the Boost stereo and it only has the 3.5 auk jack socket. No Usb :-(
    Is there a way to add a USB socket to the stereo as I'd rather keep the original in place. Have already installed the channel swap harness so it at least sounds a bit better but desperately want a usb input!
    Have looked into the Parott tablet and mini install which is ok, but if I can just add a usb socket to the stereo without having to add the parott then would much prefer this.

Anyone done this?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    What about this ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/13175...D1072355262298

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 heavy moded

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    Wonder if that would allow me to select tracks etc though? Worth a punt at that price though! Going to go and order one! Will let you know the results!

Car
    Ah well, back to drawing board! Wouldnt even play the music! Was worth the punt though. Been searching the net, and looks like you can swap one from a usb equipped car into this one so might have to track down a replacement head unit. Although there is a company in Surrey who do double din installs on the 2nd gen mini who retain the display in the speedo and also the functionality of the diagnostics. So might get in touch with them to find out how they did this. Maybe they kept the original unit in but stowed it away out of sight and used a jumper harness to connect the new head unit and the old one to the original loom? Thinking maybe just going for a single din conversion if it can be made to work.