R53 in Lancashire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, just introducing myself. As I picked up another mini at the weekend.

I'm will and im in Lancashire.

It's a while since I have owned a mini, since 2009 in fact and I was regularly on the northern mini forum, there was also a Lancashire mini register then??

Anyway, I picked up an r53 at the weekend. It had a bit of front end damage and some on the drivers door.

I have put a few hours in over the last few evenings, replacing the bumper, bonnet and drivers door, dechroming headlights, grill and belt line trim, replacing all speakers and removing all trim, I have also done a rear wiper delete.

Future short term plans:
    Coilovers
    Wheels and tyres
    Exhaust system

Longer term plans:
    Big brake kit
    Anti roll bars
    Induction
    Intercooler
    Reduced pulley and everything associated.
    Put my plate on it
    Bucket seats

It's not my daily car so I will be looking to do most of the work myself and enjoy getting to know a mini again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Welcome to NMS. Some great mods planned for the car. Looking forward to seeing it's progression
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Welcome to NMS. Some great mods planned for the car. Looking forward to seeing it's progression
    Cheers William, progress will be slow! One mod each pay day

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Welcome along ... Looks like you've got a good set of plans for the wee buggy and you could pop it on the stand at MMM 2017 ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Welcome to nms.
    Some nice plans there i have some parts for sale that may interest you in the for sale section :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    Welcome along ... Looks like you've got a good set of plans for the wee buggy and you could pop it on the stand at MMM 2017 ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    @ecosseGP I'm keen on getting to some shows, do you have a link to mmm2017?

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Welcome to nms.
    Some nice plans there i have some parts for sale that may interest you in the for sale section :)

Cheers @Stoney, some good parts in the for sale section, unfortunately I need to concentrate on the stuff that needs replacing first. Good luck selling it all though

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    :) thanks keep your eyes on the mini meets and social part of the site for . runs and show through the year

New sig coming soon

Cheers Stoney, will do. Providing in can get my head around tapatalk app

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hi Will, welcome to NMS.

Great job on the repair work and a tasty list of mods you have planned. Look forward to seeing this one take shape.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.