F56 Brake Upgrade

L Plates
    Car
    2014 F56 Chilli Red, Black Bonnet Strips, Black Roof, Black Alloys, JCW Bluetooth Exhaust, 260bhp
    Just bought a 2014 F56 and I'm not overly happy with the original brake set up.

At the moment I don't have intensions of attending any track days however I would still like to upgrade my calipers, brakes and discs, any one got any suggestions before I start heading off to Mini and paying for the JCW brakes.

All the best
    Kev

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    What about braded lines and some good disks and pads a lot cheaper then full set up
    New sig coming soon

Car
    Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitlike View Post
    Just bought a 2014 F56 and I'm not overly happy with the original brake set up.

At the moment I don't have intensions of attending any track days however I would still like to upgrade my calipers, brakes and discs, any one got any suggestions before I start heading off to Mini and paying for the JCW brakes.

All the best
    Kev
    My mate Bruce has fitted the big red JCW kit and they are superb, just done a wee bit track time when down at Rockingham and stopped perfect, and also Mintec have the full kit brand new for £1000.00 at least they did have some in stock!

L Plates
    Car
    2014 F56 Chilli Red, Black Bonnet Strips, Black Roof, Black Alloys, JCW Bluetooth Exhaust, 260bhp
    Thanks for the response!

Mini are charging £1200 for all round JCW, including fitting. if I were to go for the Mintec at £1000 I'd still have to get the, fitted. Probably cheaper going for the JCW's.

Thanks, you've gave me something to think about!!

Kev

L Plates
    Car
    Thanks for getting back to me!

Now you have me thinking, might have to do a little research on the Mintec's.

Kev

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    What you looking for as I have a full set of discs, pads and callipers off a F56S that has done less than 1000 miles .... Fabulous condition.
    What I will say be prepared to pay big money for a BBK I've been there and done it ... read my thread and you'll see the issues I had fitting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Only thing about putting the JCW brakes on an F56 is they won't clear the standard wheels. If you look at any of the JCW wheels the all bow out to clear the brakes
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

L Plates
    Car
    Thanks for all the posts guys!

William was correct. just been told by Mininthat my current wheels aren't large enough to fit the JCW brakes.....typical.

Now I'm currently thinking about upgrading my alloys to 18".

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Kev