Looking At Classics

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Steve74

There are a couple of nice cars that JC has

http://www.johncooper.co.uk/JohnCooperSite/category/Car+Sales%5FUsed+Classic+Minis/
    They look lovely, but BLOOMIN HECK look at the prices!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

well for whats it's worth I don't think you should buy. It's just not right.
    Why not?
    It's a well sorted wee motor!
    Ok... I wouldn't buy it for a stereo install, the engine / box combo would be just too much. I've been in a similar specced car (without the turbo) on a track day... belive be, any more than an hour driving that would tire you out!
    Like the guy says, for fun and track days.. hell yeah!! but for stereo gear... mmmmmm probably let it go.
    Te best way to find out is to see if he'll let you go test drive it. that'll make your mind up!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
    The best way to find out is to see if he'll let you go test drive it. that'll make your mind up!
    Sadly it's just a bit too far away :( and yes he will allow me to drive it
    So, i guess my minds made up then, shame, as i really fancied this, but, not if it's gonna make my ears hurt

Is there any way to quieten it down :question: using dynamat or something, anything :question:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Just noticed this, no worries, any reasoning :)

Car
    Mini Cooper
    If you want a seriously fast classic mini that is reasonably comfortable and quite then I think the best bet is to find a totally sound standard car (as new a possible) - costing a few thousand then get a 16 valve Honda V-tec conversion done (approx £7K).
    A lot on money but you are running a standard engine & 5 speed gearbox so should not couse much problems and the power a car as light as a classic mini will blow away most modern cars
    Already converted cars may be cheaper but the quality of the conversion needs carefully checked.
    It's not a A-series engine (so not a "proper" mini so might say) but the only realistic way to get everyday useable road power over 100 or so bhp.
    I'm saving up for a 90bhp 1400cc engine for my classic which should make it as quick as my 03 Cooper

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I certainly don't need it to have an A series engine or any other kind of mini engine, the V-tec sounds an interesting prospect, but, i'll not be spending that kind of money on it, hence why i was looking at the one i posted

Steve74
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by Steve74
    There are a couple of nice cars that JC has
    Including the price
    I mentioned the sticker to him, he said he left a new cooper for dead :evil:
    yeh, they are pricy.

I think the grey one is pretty special. I would go for it but maybe offer 3900?

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Just noticed this, no worries, any reasoning :)
    Well this is just what I think. The other guys are quite right for track days and some fun it looks a fine car but you can never tell until you see then in the flesh. If I were looking for a classic then I would look for one as near to orginal as possible whether it was restored or not.
    PL minis in yorkshire have some nice one's was there a couple of months ago.
    Cooper Coupe...

PL Minis do great quality work - they restored a classic for me a few years ago and it was fantastic.

you can check out their current stock of cars here

P&L Minis

Check out the £25,000 one about half way down

quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

PL Minis do great quality work - they restored a classic for me a few years ago and it was fantastic.

you can check out their current stock of cars here

P&L Minis

Check out the £25,000 one about half way down

That's the one I went to look at even nicer in the flesh
    Cooper Coupe...