Hi from Lanarkshire

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Nice we buggy you got there. As others have said, good choice of mods so far.

Loving the GTi btw!
    Thanks!

My GTI is in top condition, but will be getting sold next year, to make way for my GP1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wsmdesign View Post
    Hello and welcome from another Lanarkshire member (Motherwell). Nice car and hope to see you at Tartan Tarmac this Sunday - always a great morning with lots of interesting cars.

I'll look you and would be good to see another mini !

Walter
    Nice to meet you at Tartan Tarmac.... I want one of those GP's!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobboy View Post
    Thanks!

My GTI is in top condition, but will be getting sold next year, to make way for my GP1

I certainly won't stop you there Couldn't think of anything better, an unmolested GP1!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    GP1/FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobboy View Post
    Nice to meet you at Tartan Tarmac.... I want one of those GP's!

Good to meet you too and glad you popped along - nice car ! I know you've a few more things you want to do to it but as it stands it looks good. The GP is tucked up under its cover in the garage �� Hope to see you again and I'll send a PM with part no's we spoke about
    Last edited by wsmdesign; 28th June 2016 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmdesign View Post
    Good to meet you too and glad you popped along - nice car ! I know you've a few more things you want to do to it but as it stands it looks good. The GP is tucked up under its cover in the garage �� Hope to see you again and I'll send a PM with part no's we spoke about
    Aye if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the part numbers ASAP.

I've booked a Hothatch day this Sunday at KH, just need to get alignment done when I get back on Fri as I'm working away this week, wish I had the mini with me as I'm up around Loch Ness and some of the roads are great, and there's only supposed to be two coppers cars up here covering a very big area.....I've not seen any. There's not many BP garages either mind for fueling up .

So I've been doing some work on my car and have had a couple of trackdays at Knockhill.

What I've done so far:
    BremboMax discs all round
    Mintex 1144 on the rear
    Mintex F4R on the front
    Racing fluid
    Fitted the two little inner wing support bars from the cabrio cars
    Renewed a couple of relays
    Fitted a Whiteline adjustable rear ARB
    Yoko ADo8R's all round
    Fitted an Airtec intercooler
    Changed engine and Gbox oil
    Changed timing belt tensioner valve thingwybob
    GP suspension all round
    Upper front strut brace
    Geometry set up to spec
    MOT passed yesterday

This weekend i'm gonna fit a -17% pulley and belt.

I've noticed my engine moving about a bit too much for comfort so have ordered VibraTechnics mounts (competition versions) which should come middle of next week and i'll fit them at the weekend.

Had a bit of an OFF at KH when I lost the back end!

Second hand matts I bought that were filthy, cleaned with a power washer and carpet cleaner.

The £5 Bluetooth OBD dongle rigged up to Torque Lite, (after seeing someone on here using it I thought I'd give it a go)

The rARB, set at 20mm at the moment but will probably change the setting to 21mm equivalent next time at track.

Car is behaving well, and i'm well please with the suspension now. It was very very understeery on it's first outing at KH, hence why I bought the rARB. I can tell just now that it's made a difference. The brakes are brilliant, and i'm pretty sure the bigger IC gives it a little more oomph further down the rev range.

When my planned work is done , I'll add some negative camer to the front. I'm also thinking about a plated diff for it as I was still lighting up the inside wheel on track with Yoko A48's on 15's and standard mini slip diff in the dry. Big expenditure but I know how my last track car behaved with a plated diff...... will see how it's next outing goes and take it from there.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Coming along nicely
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    Nice Mini and nice spec! I've drove a single seat race car round KH, and can tell you it ain't an easy circuit to get round in one piece! Had a driving experience bought for me by my late wife (hence the single seat race car) and was bricking it as even on the old playstation KH was the only circuit I just couldn't do! Did well that day, and managed to get 2nd fastest lap out of 18 drivers! Not sure I'd have the guts to take my wee Cooper on there though so hats off to you bud!

Cheers ^.

That's me got my -17% pulley on, but it was a major feck about doing it. My pulley remover tool was for stock and my pulley turned out to be -11%.

Over 2hrs carefully with a selection of grinders it was off and replaced.

Me and a pal done our two cars together at his place, and he also has a 205GTI.

My Engine mounts arrived earlier in the week so I swapped them over too.

On the short blast I've had it feels rapid, but the cabin noise has increased substantially with the mounts.

The mounts are the competition versions from Vibratech, I'll give the upper one a few hundred miles and see if it settles down a bit, but if it doesn't I'll buy the fast road insert for it to soften it a bit.

Car feels very tight with the mounts as is, great in fact, but the noise/vibration will be too much long term for me.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Looking good mate

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon