BMW Mini Cooper S R53 - SC06 ADO - have you seen?

HI all,

I sold my beloved R53 in February down in Bolton. It had not long had a reduced supercharger pulley fitted, a Milltek full stainless along with a stage 2 remap to optimise the set up. It was so much fun and very unique...so I am getting withdrawals and really miss that supercharger whine and spritely handling, especially with the strut brace in place.

I realise this is the New Mini "SCOTLAND" forum but I was wondering if anyone has seen it or if the new owner is a member at all? I'd love to hear how they are getting on with it.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I've not seen it and the registration isn't familiar but I'll keep a look out for it at the shows this year ...
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

bump - anybody?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Not a car I recognise i'm afraid
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Don't recognise it but as Davy says may show up at one of this seasons shows
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Hi all,

2 years later and look who has popped up on autotrader having only done just over 3k miles since I sold it in February 2016 - That’s right SC06 ADO

I have searched for this for over 2 years in a bid to make contact with the current owner with no luck. My first instinct was to buy it back. I mean just before I sold it I put a 15% reduced pully on it along with a new belt, a Miltek cat back and a stage 2 remap....leaving it sitting at 220bhp. It was a bit of an animal. I traded it in to get my current Z4 however...I really do and have missed it.

Realising that a purchase would be purely emotional and like returning to an ex-girlfriend, it will no doubt never be the same as nostalgia remembers it, I have decided to let this one go.

I am however bringing it to NMS' attention as anyone looking to buy a sleeper cooper S that is 100% standard on the outside would be mad to miss this nigh on immaculate condition cooper s. I treated this like a queen - Washed religiously, maintained beyond expected and also treated the leather regularly so it will still be nice and supple. Don’t get me wrong it will have the usual front end stone chips and a little driver side leather cracking but apart from that it is one of the best examples you will come across.

It looks like since I sold it it has just had its clutch renewed and new brakes and discs all round - so the clutch is good for another 50k or so, especially seen as you are actually basically purchasing a JCW. It has a fresh and clean 12 month MOT until the 29th October 2018...and White wheels, I imagine the garage has just been refurbed. Not to my taste and I'd have them switch back to alloy silver.

The advertiser as well as the previous owner really do not know what they had/have, it will have been and still is a wolf in sheeps clothing. It is being advertised as a standard 174bhp cooper s, 0-60 in the usual 7.1. In reality its closer to 6 seconds and has 220bhp thanks to a superchips stage 2, pully and miltek.

I urge anyone on this forum to do me proud and snap up this fine example before it goes to another rookie who doesn’t appreciate what they have. It also has had a cusco strut brace fitted for over 5 years so it handles like a true weapon and there is no worry of top mount mushrooming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bf583e645851449682c53fc32e8fffae.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	7593 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b9420ae0716e437994f6bbb7706af738.jpg 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	7594 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8e026aaea3cb4f038d2aa7b0ba5c2d09.jpg 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	7595 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ca2ac5f7e3be4e329abf043899d7dca2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	7596 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mot.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	7597
    Last edited by wu_swordsman; 31st October 2018 at 10:46 AM.