As others have said, it's all down to personal preference. Even the very best detailers have their favourite products and processes. I was quite heavy into car care when I had my first Mini but shelved most things when I had a couple of company cars for two years. It has amazed me how many new products are out there in that short space of time, such as the clay mitt. However, after getting hold of some sample sizes of the new products, I still find myself reverting back to what I used before because it's tried and tested and I love the results.

I have however added some new bits and pieces to my kit such as Autofinesse Avalance as a pre-foam. However I tried their wheel cleaner and found myself returning to Bilberry as I felt it just worked better. In terms of wax, it all depends again on what you prefer. I use Collinite 476s. It's technically more suited for winter as it's thicker and longer lasting which is great for the road salt but it works for me all year round. As my paint is pretty new I don't bother with much else. I use Megs #7 show car glaze then stick the collinite on top. Have a play yourself and see what works best for you colour combo.