Wax and polish,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    Mini Roadster
    What car cleaning products are everyone using to get ready for the current show season?
    Mini Roadster chilli pack,

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    A combination of AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, AS Topaz and Angelwax Guardian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    A variety of products from 50 Cal to DoDo juice, auto finesse poor boys ..you name it
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Auto Finesse, Fairy & Clay for this perfectionist

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    ^^^ don't forget tar remover Alan. I'll not pop up my list it'll go on for pages. I'd personally find something that you like Ian and stick with it. There's so many different products that you can buy and they "overlap" each other that potentially you end up buying a very similar product twice.
    First look to see what you want from the product Ian and then buy accordingly. There's loads of polishes and waxes and you don't need to spend big money to get a great finish ...
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

L Plates
    Car
    Mini one
    Just started using Poor boys polish and sealant. Can say these are really good products.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I'm on a VERY shortened list this year thankfully.

I'll be only be using a Farécla Clay Mitt, which I'll use with Meguiars HyperWash Shampoo when cleaning 1499, and then it'll give it a wipe o'er with some Farécla G3 Turbo Detailer.
    If I need to top up the shine and protection I'll give it another coat of Collinite 476S at some point in the year.

Car
    Mini Roadster
    My car has never been clay barred, so am I better using the bar or the glove? Or does it matter?
    Mini Roadster chilli pack,

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    A clay glove/mitt/cloth is much faster than a clay bar... With a glove your car will take about 20/30 mins to do whereas with a clay bar, you could be up to 2 hours depending on how bad your car is...

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianstwt_r56 View Post
    My car has never been clay barred, so am I better using the bar or the glove? Or does it matter?
    A glove / mitt is far quicker as Craig says but if it was just to do your car I'd use a bar. It's cheaper and if you're only going to do it once a year (all that's required) seems pointless spending money you don't need to on a mitt. Need to watch you don't scratch the car using a mitt on first use .. Start with the windows. Just my opinion on it
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.