Aberdeenshire Meet/Run 28th Aug 2016

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Thanks so far to those who've said they can make it. I appreciate we're still a good bit away so a decision won't be made until slightly nearer the time once we know which date suits most.

Can I also point out that as per run rules, this run will be driven in accordance with road conditions and speed limits. I remember prior to my first run I was worried it would be too fast and it was quite the opposite, a nice enjoyable pace. We're there to simply admire the Mini for what it is, enjoy some good roads, some good company and make sure everyone is enjoying themselves. I toyed with the idea of calling it the South Aberdeenshire Stroll as realistically that's what it'll be

For those of you who cannot make it, I'm really hoping we can start a bi-monthly coffee, cakes and cars in Aberdeen which would be a regular meet similar to the one held in Perth earlier in the year. Again, idea would be to meet somewhere with plenty space for a blether and a look at each others cars (modded or not!). It means once we've had our get together people can arrange an impromptu blast or simply head home again.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Thanks so far to those who've said they can make it. I appreciate we're still a good bit away so a decision won't be made until slightly nearer the time once we know which date suits most.

Can I also point out that as per run rules, this run will be driven in accordance with road conditions and speed limits. I remember prior to my first run I was worried it would be too fast and it was quite the opposite, a nice enjoyable pace. We're there to simply admire the Mini for what it is, enjoy some good roads, some good company and make sure everyone is enjoying themselves. I toyed with the idea of calling it the South Aberdeenshire Stroll as realistically that's what it'll be

For those of you who cannot make it, I'm really hoping we can start a bi-monthly coffee, cakes and cars in Aberdeen which would be a regular meet similar to the one held in Perth earlier in the year. Again, idea would be to meet somewhere with plenty space for a blether and a look at each others cars (modded or not!). It means once we've had our get together people can arrange an impromptu blast or simply head home again.

Spot on Neil
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Plans sound great Neil, would be interested in the bi monthly meets too!

28th sounds good, count me in

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Should be ok for either date Neil, but I'll need to confirm nearer the time. Great idea for a get together more regularly for the north east contingent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Should be ok for either date Neil, but I'll need to confirm nearer the time. Great idea for a get together more regularly for the north east contingent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aye NMSNE haha!

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I would be up for either date. Glad to see there are quite a few mini enthusiasts in the north east

Car
    Mini Cooper 2003
    Like the idea of the cars and coffee would go to that as well

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4071 View Post
    Like the idea of the cars and coffee would go to that as well
    When I get a chance to sit down and look at dates I will start a new thread with a date and simply see who turns up on said date . When can then discuss taking it in turns to organise the next one etc.

Test Passed
    Car
    2003 Cooper S, silver, black stripes
    I can make August the 4th and keen for regular meets in the Aberdeen area. Just my 2 cents: A great route is South Deeside Road, Cairn O'Mount, back roads to Stonehaven via Glensaugh and Tewel, then Slug Road (or Netherley Road) back to the South Deeside and back to Aberdeen. Could stop in Banchory for ice cream, on top of Cairn O'Mount and Stonehaven for photos on the Pier as an idea. More than happy to help out with planning and prep for the run. Can we make sure we plan it on a sunny day please?