Getting to know each other??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Andrew, 29 (and a bit) from Hamilton and I'm a web developer. Drive a R56S with a few mods and a slight orange obsession lol

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Craig from Stirlingish, over 40 and I turn things off and back on for a living. Have an R52 S which is lightly modified
    So you work in IT then Craig...certainly that's what my brother in law does :)

I'm Neil from Westhill, just outside of Aberdeen. I currently drive an F56 Cooper and after a couple of years making slow progress in company cars I'm delighted to be back in a Mini. I work in Business Development for a subsea and marine training company and yes, it really is as boring as it sounds I've got a serious passion of craft beers and golf which sometimes go hand in hand with varying result and also an avid F1 fan.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    So you work in IT then Craig...certainly that's what my brother in law does :)

I'm Neil from Westhill, just outside of Aberdeen. I currently drive an F56 Cooper and after a couple of years making slow progress in company cars I'm delighted to be back in a Mini. I work in Business Development for a subsea and marine training company and yes, it really is as boring as it sounds I've got a serious passion of craft beers and golf which sometimes go hand in hand with varying result and also an avid F1 fan.
    Yep and also Fixed and mobile Comms

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Yep and also Fixed and mobile Comms
    Brilliant. My brother sits on the help desk in the afternoon and it goes something along these lines:

Hi, I cannot seem to get my computer to do **insert problem here**
    -No problem, I know this sounds obvious but have you tried turning it off and on again?
    No
    -OK, stay on the line, give it a quick restart and see if that fixes the problem
    **3 minutes later**
    No, the problem is still there.
    -Aw crap, I'm actually going to have to try and fix something now haha!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I'm Rob better know as Stoney tho :)
    I drive an R53 (well hope to at some point if I ever get it back ), S4 avant and a Nissan navra (not all at the same time lol )
    I run a conveyer belt company called Strathaven belting company Ltd (shameless plug lol)
    I have 2 wonderful kids Jess and Sam with my wife Christine who makes a mean ginger cake :)
    I enjoy the odd track night in the summer and ski in the winter lucky for me my 2 hobbies are in different times of the year and not to forget the NMS runs meets and shows that are all ways fun.

Think that's about it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I'm Euan from Larkhall, 53 and unfortunately no longer able to hide it! Worked in Voluntary Sector for 30 years doing graphics and printing for community groups in Lanarkshire till my Dad's health (and my heart attack!) brought that to an end in 2014. Now my Dad's full time Carer with help from the wonderful Care Workers who come in every day to keep everything going - we'd be up the creek without them.

Been driving Big Minis since 2001, on my third now (see below). Also have a Skoda Fabia for the nitty gritty stuff and my latest acquisition is a very original 1974 MGB Roadster with a 1950 Oselli engine. It was on my Bucket List for ages, and as I'd had a brush with that bucket I thought 'Go For It' and did.

Love my music - Rock, Prog, Blues, Folk, Classical. Also love countryside/seaside and still get a kick out of driving around in it (not the sea though). With the Mini I get to savour the road, with the MGB I get to savour the sounds and smells of nature as I go along. Sorted.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

I'm Cat, from Stirling. After 'enjoying/putting up with' my other half's (Ecosse GP) MINI obsession I went with the 'if you can't beat em join em' theory. Best thing I ever did! Met some of the best people going and have had the time of my life! Oh and am the proud owner of Mac, MINI One in pure silver with dashes of purple passion laced with a rainbow crystal, and I love him!
    I have 3 wonderful children, the youngest of which has a Fiat 500 and is developing her stepdad's want for 'Something a bit different' - I dread to think.
    For a living I lock people up, every day is different and never a dull moment.
    To be fair there's never a dull moment with Davy anyway, at least I've now got used to 'About the car...I've been thinking - Uh Oh!!!! Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I'm Dad, aka Malcolm.......The straight man in the comedy duo known as Mom & Dad. Before retirement I used to work in the finance industry, still the key director of "Bank of Dad".
    Apart from cars, other hobbies are playing table tennis and music. Play snare in the local pipe band and drums in an Irish Band. Love playing soul music but unemployed in this arena. Also a Prog Rock fan. Married to the best "Granny" in the world.

Car
    mini cooper s
    Hi im nikki I live in coatbridge and I was born in dundee...came to glasgow for the universitys to learn and keep up with the new interactive media development. I am an internal sales estimator for a large format graphics company in coatbridge...started from the begining with pot of paint and a sable brush at 16 years of age...and have came through all the printing technology, and my love is minis, on my 4th one now and my new car is going to be with me till it falls apart
    T006SHY

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    .....other hobbies are playing table tennis and music.
    You'll have to give me a demonstration of that talent Malcolm as I'd love to see a snare drum playing table tennis player.
    I'm sure that the video would get at least 100 shares on FB.