Advice Needed - Swirls in paint work on new car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Dogfather
    Not a MINI but a Ford Fiesta!

On Saturday I collected my new Bord Fester from Arnold Clark's (OK I should have known better to buy a car from them). It was overcast in Aberdeen so the paint work looked OK, however yesterday it was quite sunny and noticed the majority of the car was cover in swirl marks.

In addition there was a few of scratches (deep) in the paint just above the front fog light, a circle of scratches (light) on the rear quarter and two areas on the rear bumper which looked like the car had been rubbed with something abrasive. Needless to say I wasn't happy and handed the car back to them, I informed them that I was rejecting the vehicle because it wasn't of satisfactory quality.

My question is can the car be buffed up and should I take it back or should I stick to my guns and get my money back?

minidriver#1
    sounds like they washed it straight off the trailer without rinsing it properly. i'd be pissed off too. go back as soon as you can and tell them about it and stick to your guns. thats my advice.

The Dogfather
    Cheers KJ. They've got the car and I'm expecting a call from the General Manager to discuss it. I'll try to get my money back.

Wul
    Stick to it bdm - they owe it to you to provide a car with "as new" paintwork. Dealer PDI's are hopeless! - they usually let the garage junior wash and polish the cars. If they are going to replace it make sure to tell them NOT to wash or polish the car this time!

As for the swirls - they can be polished out by hand or by machine buffer depending on how deep they are.

The Dogfather
    Nooooooo! The MINI one D has been sold. I was going to tell Ford I didn't want a replacement and buy the MINI instead but it's been sold. Knickers!

Cheers Buffmeister Wul! If anyone know paintwork it's you.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    That's awful Paul! :dead::evil: Stick to your guns and get a refund or replacement - don't accept any resprays as it will affect future value.
    Helen's foosty has excellent paintwork (dark blue) that seems more resistant to stone chips than my Minis (or maybe it's the way I drive :I)

Eggy7496
    BDM get yer money back, accept no more - ats a disgrace!!! i agree we WUL they let the juniors wash the cars - i bet they dropped the sponge and never washed it out!

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

i bet they dropped the sponge and never washed it out!
    OOH - that's given me the shivers.........I mean a sponge for gods sake!!!:blackeye:

Steve74
    Sounds like its been through a car wash - the only way to remove is to fill the scratches in or flatten them with T-cut. Not good enough on a new car - Reject it!!

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Steve74

T-cut
    Blasphemer!!:evil: