Dr Colorchip OR Chipex OR OEM touch up paint???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    ...as per thread title, has anyone used any of the stone chip products available?
    If so how did you get on?

Cheers
    Andrew
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I used Dr Colorchip on my R56 GP and had great results
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Andrew I'd just use touch up stick. I just stick to the things I know ... It's never easy to get a stone chip filled properly sometimes unless you wet sand the stone chips down after you've filled them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Used Dr Colorchip on a few MINIs and it worked well. It doesn't "fill" them it more colours them the same as the car to hide them a bit more. Depends how deep the chip is tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    TBA
    ...thanks for the replies so far

The chips are on the VW, one in particular is a brute, nearly down to metal...

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Dr.Colorchip is dead easy to use and with great results. We have them for the Mini, Audi and Subaru
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    motorised
    I used Chipex on my wife's BMW (white) and found it's easy, quick and with great result.
    s'later

Flickr
    500px

Car
    Cooper
    Every vehicle I've had I always get a touch up tin at autopaints in Thornton as its matched to your vehicle exactly and made up for you, either a tin or in a spray tin

Car
    TBA
    So most folks have used Colourchip and got on OK...
    Cheers for the replies, kit seems to be around £50, need to see if company will stretch to that and I can drop the labour charge

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Touching pen works Best for me with cocktail stick, I wait a week then buff them.down