R56 Cooper Upgrade suggestions....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Engine Tuning, if I was starting now, I'd go for the Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe and a Remap from Mr. Knox. You could go for the Alta intake or just put in an ITG replacement filter. For that you're probably looking at around £1200 plus fitting? Not sure of the up to date prices, but it would be cheaper and more effective power-wise than the JCW Tuning Kit. You get an upgraded inlet manifold and cat-back exhaust with the JCW kit though...

The JCW Suspension Package is pretty good, and is certainly an improvement over the standard setup. It still prefers smoother roads and can be a bit jiggly over some of our crappier roads, but I'm happy with mine and have had some fantastic drives with it. You might want to look at some good quality lowered springs and a set of really good tyres (like my Michelins) before you start chucking large sums of money at suspension kits though. I've found that tyres are a major factor in being able to enjoy your MINI, so don't fit fancy suspension and rubbish tyres! You'll probably get decent results on standard suspension and the best rubber.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 20th March 2016 at 10:29 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

I find the JCW suspension works fine, if a bit hard, but i'm an old man

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car #3, BMW 320Cd, Celica GTFour
    Eibach springs are progressively wound so more supple initially and stiffer when leaned on.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by emicen View Post
    Eibach springs are progressively wound so more supple initially and stiffer when leaned on.
    Much like myself...
    I must admit I'm quite tightly wound these days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    I find the JCW suspension works fine, if a bit hard, but i'm an old man
    Never mind Malcolm, I'll bring plenty of Werthers Originals on HB2 And a spare Zimmer.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!