F1 2016

Hybrid View

Car
    JCW GP
    Well it's not long to go now and the testing it well and truly underway.

As ever you can never really get a clear picture from the multiple laps of testing that are going ahead over the past few days but it at least keeps me entertained.

I've been following the testing results and updates on the BBC website whilst at work and it's good to see the McLarens putting some laps in without breaking down.

A comment from Bernie on Monday did make me shake my head somewhat though - Formula 1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone believes the sport is the "worst it has ever been" and says he would not pay to bring his family to a race (is that you not shooting yourself in the foot there Bernie?!?!?!)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone fancy a bit of fun with a Fantasy F1 league?

Just for a bit of fun ...

http://www.fantasy-f1-league.com/

Extract of some of the rules but link below to full rules

Each team starts with a budget of £100M and has to choose a total of 3 drivers, an engine, chassis and aero package. Teams cannot exceed their budget at any time during the season and prices of drivers and packages may fluctuate depending on performance.

Before the season starts players may make as many transfers as they wish as long as they remain within budget. Once the season commences there is a limit of 2 transfers for each race and transfers are not allowed during the race weekend itself. I have changed the timing of this so transfers now close at the start of each qualifying session until points have been updated after the race. This will typically be done within a few hours of the race finishing. You will be allowed to play a 'joker' once per season that will allow you 6 transfers, enough to completely change your selections.

Scoring System:
    •1st - 25 points
    •2nd - 18 points
    •3rd - 15 points
    •4th - 12 points
    •5th - 10 points
    •6th - 8 points
    •7th - 6 points
    •8th - 4 points
    •9th - 2 points
    •10th - 1 points

Rules - http://www.fantasy-f1-league.com/rules.php

League Name - Monaco Or Bust

PM me for the password

ADMIN - if this is against the club rules please let me know and I'll delete the post - thanks

Andrew

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I'm a self confessed F1 nerd and regularly have to take abuse from colleagues and my Mrs as to why I'm watching testing...not even a race haha!

I think this season is going to be much much closer than years previous however I still cannot see past Hamilton, Rosberg or Vettel lifting the hardware. The new qualifying system, if confirmed, could spice things up however I'm torn. As a purest, F1 is all about going as fast as you can, hence why I'm not a fan of the current tyre offerings but I do believe tyre management adds variation to the races. Therefore to me, qualifying should always be about who can go fastest. The best qualifying format was the hour where everyone got 12 laps total and the fastest man was on pole - simple. An alternative I'd like to see come back would also be superpole like what they have in WSBK. That said on the short tracks the new format is going to mean a lot of traffic which should make for some fun viewing.

Role on the first Saturday in Melbourne so we can truely see who is quick and who is not. Midfield is going to be very competitive this year with Manor already 6 seconds quicker than their best qually time at the 2015 Spanish GP!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Hoping the red team can really compete with Mercedes this season

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Hoping the red team can really compete with Mercedes this season
    It's certainly looking that way with some of the times posted today Crombers. Vettel's time yesterday didn't have much bearing because no one knew how much fuel was in the car however based on the pace of the Force India today with the same tyres as Vettel it appears now he was probably quite heavy on fuel so the car does appear to be quick!!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    It's certainly looking that way with some of the times posted today Crombers. Vettel's time yesterday didn't have much bearing because no one knew how much fuel was in the car however based on the pace of the Force India today with the same tyres as Vettel it appears now he was probably quite heavy on fuel so the car does appear to be quick!!!
    Cheers for the update

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    JCW GP
    You also never know if they are using 100% of the power of just going through the paces and testing a few parts and upgrades on the car in a race situation