Mini Countryman All4 Cooper S 1.6 petrol 2011

Car
    GP1/FJCW
    Hi folks

My wife has a countryman and the other day, after she left for work, I noticed that the driveway mono bloc's were covered in oil.....when she got back it was still dripping very occasionally so it's booked in to DP, Hamilton this Wednesday for a once over. I've had to top up the oil so I'm a bit concerned about how much it has lost in a short period of time so it's not being used until we get it into the garage. I've heard that there is an issue with the oil pump solenoid ??? but wanted to ask if anyone else had heard of any issues. Not looking forward to the bill......already spent a small fortun trying to find a water leak and eventually found that the two rear light clusters were the culprit. Mini didn't want to know but DP reduced their charges to a small fortune. Mini suggested the car could have been involved in a bump and weren't interested after I had asked for a good will gesture given that th seals had gone on both lights......wasn't too happy but water ingress is a nightmare and it had to be fixed.

Any thoughts on the oil leak so I can prepare myself for the invoice ?

Thanks

Which side of the engine is it coming out of?

Car
    GP1/FJCW
    Left hand side

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    That doesn't sound good Walter but glad you managed to trace the fault. Nothing worse than water ingress plus it's always murder to find ... Is the car still under any warranty or if not could you not go back to MINI if it's a known fault and noted somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    GP1/FJCW
    Hi Davy - yes water ingress.......! One of my pet hates and as you say hard to trace. Thankfully they sorted it and so far so good. So - today they found the source of the oil leak. Chain tensioner. They supplied and fitted timing chain tensioner and topped up the oil (half litre) £109. They discounted the diagnostic £71 labour £13.55 for chain tensioner and £7 for half litre of oil. Not as bad as I thought it would be but the healthcheck highlighted front and rear pads in approx 4K miles and osf tyre at 3mm. Car out of warranty and Mini didn't want to know - both rear light clusters going at the same time sounds like a component failure to me but no joy with a goodwill gesture.
    Last edited by wsmdesign; 17th February 2016 at 10:00 PM.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    That's not a bad price for the work and like you said didn't hit the wallet too hard. Fingers crossed that's it sorted. Always makes me laugh that pad bit they'll never know how quick you'll go through a set of pads !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    GP1/FJCW
    With a new set of tools and latex gloves I may attempt to try the brakes myself.........I need to give it a go sometime and get over my fear ! and to practice on Susan's car will be fine (I'm sure) watch out for "help required" messages when I give it a go.