tyre reviews

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I used to be a Conti fanboy, but now I've discovered Michelin Super Sports as my new religion - they are sooo much better at everything, I was really (pleasantly) surprised.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    All of the above yet again proves that no matter what you personally like, have confidence in and feel comfortable with nearly everyone else has a differing opinion.

I'm guessing that we all won't be moving to North Korea anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're absolutely right though. Just as well we all have our own personal tastes otherwise we'd all be on here posting pictures of the same car from our homes in NK
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Quote Originally Posted by digi View Post
    having just had to replace my two front tires due to multiple punctures i thought it was time to do a long term review on my tire choise
    having had the "general altimax sport" on my car for just over 10k miles and driving daily in all weathers i am seriously impressed with the performance of them . dry and wet grip is fantastic and its only on ice have i lost traction ( what tire wouldnt ?) wear rate is in my opinion is incredible as even after 10k miles there was lots of tread left despite some very spirited runs . now just in case some of you think this is a 4x4 only manufacturer they are owned by continental so have a wealth of performance tire experience behind them
    and now for the best part ..... they only cost £69 each
    I also used General tyres on my X3 (it had optional 19" Y spokes), found them to grip really well wet or dry & when they let go they slid progressively. I did 12k miles & there was over 4mm left.

Also, General provide a tyre replacement warranty when you buy them so if the tyre is damaged during use, as long as you can provide original proof of purchase, then they refund up to 100% of the cost of replacement.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Kumho KU39's for me too, can't fault them

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F54 Clubman Cooper S Auto
    This is a format that I use when making tyre reviews on other forums. Unfortunately I've not formed an opinion on the Pirelli Runflats fitted to my F54 yet.

Make and Model plus size of Tyre: Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric II. 215-45/17 XL91 Z.
    Car owned: Toyota Celica Gen 7 T-Sport
    Type of driving: 'C', 'B', 'A' and 'M' roads and track.
    Type of driver: Enthusiastic
    Miles covered so far and wear rate: Several sets over a period of 4 years and 30 thousand miles.
    Dry use: Excellent. stable handing with good feedback, resistant to under steer.
    Wet use: Extremely good down to 3mm remaining tread depth. They give the driver immense confidence in all wet conditions. Braking is excellent.
    Snow / Ice use: Drive with care and they will get you there.
    Noise: Very good. No appreciable sound intrusion even at high speeds.
    Overall opinion / comments / strengths / weaknesses: I have been using this tyre for so long both the MKI and now the MKII my overall opinion of it is that it would be hard for me to choose to replace them with another brand. But I may try and see what the opposition are like in the future. I always change at 3mm remaining and so do not expect to run them for long periods. Using them on track also reduces the wear rate. this is the main reason I use more sets than would be considered normal. I look forward to Goodyear releasing a MKIII version.
    Price paid and from where: Locally fitted about £112 each. Can be easily bought online delivered and unfitted for £89.
    Rating out of 10: 9.5
    Last edited by EcosseGP; 14th March 2016 at 10:04 PM.
    David

Needed a couple of tyres for The Beast, so finally decided to switch to non run flats, as Mom's not using it as a daily runner. Will keep the other 2 runflats as spares for the Convertible.
    Thinks that I now need a spare wheel.........anyone got a 17" spare wheel I could buy, preferably one that fits over the Works brakes on an R56. R112 would be perfect......lol
    If you don't ask....you don't get

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    lol

Want More BHP!
    Car
    GP
    I just bought a couple of rain sport 3 from camskill £130 delivered
    215 35 18s

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by c9aan View Post
    I just bought a couple of rain sport 3 from camskill £130 delivered
    215 35 18s
    That's what I have - great tyres :)

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Make and Model plus size of Tyre: Pirelli P Zero Nero. 205/45/17
    Car owned: MINI Cooper S R53
    Type of driving: 'C', 'B', 'A' and 'M' roads
    Type of driver: Enthusiastic
    Miles covered so far and wear rate: 1000 thousand miles.
    Dry use: Excellent with positive feedback and excellent grip.
    Wet use: Good but not tested under harder driving conditions.
    Snow / Ice use: Not used to date.
    Noise: Quieter than previous Continental Contact 3 Sport.
    Overall opinion / comments / strengths / weaknesses: I have only been using this tyre for a matter of weeks now so nog term review as yet. For the first 500 miles the tyres struggled in wet and dry conditions and I was wondering where all the previous good reviews had come from. They appear now to have bedded in now and grip is excellent especially in the dry and the car will change direction without any issues at all. The tyre has a race look and sloping shoulder which takes a bit of getting used to as it appears to slide during the first 500 miles and doesn't thrill you with confidence. This slowly wears off after that and the tyres behave impeccably after that.
    Price paid and from where: Locally fitted about £86 each. Can be easily bought online delivered and unfitted for around the same price.
    Rating out of 10: 8 (short term)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.