tyre reviews

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    mini roadster jcw
    having just had to replace my two front tires due to multiple punctures i thought it was time to do a long term review on my tire choise
    having had the "general altimax sport" on my car for just over 10k miles and driving daily in all weathers i am seriously impressed with the performance of them . dry and wet grip is fantastic and its only on ice have i lost traction ( what tire wouldnt ?) wear rate is in my opinion is incredible as even after 10k miles there was lots of tread left despite some very spirited runs . now just in case some of you think this is a 4x4 only manufacturer they are owned by continental so have a wealth of performance tire experience behind them
    and now for the best part ..... they only cost £69 each
    TAPS AFF FITT DOON

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Sounds good for that price
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    They sound very similar in "user review" to how I'd describe the Kumho KU39's that I have been using for nearly 4 years.
    It's good to know that others out there are buying tyres from the "lower end" of the scale and getting great results.
    I personally just can't see the point in buying top end tyres at £200+ per corner to then have to replace them every year because they've worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's more what I pay for my Ardi tyres, Pete!
    Other tyres that I've not used, but are rated by a few people down our way on R53s are the Finnish Nokian brand.
    Not that well-known over here I think, but in Europe yes. They apparently do a great winter tyre too.
    Keen pricing too.

...end...

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I always feel there's a great trade off between cost and quality especially when tyres are concerned. I decided to go down the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric route this time on the F56. I've used them before and they have a good trade off between durability and grip. I'll be replacing the tyres on the R53 shortly and again I'm going to stick with what I like and trust, Continental Contact Sports. I'm not a big fan of the cheap tyres I've had a few in the past and never felt confident with them in certain conditions. Horses for courses as they say but if you find a good tyre and you're happy with it that's a great result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Mitchellin pilot super sports £105 per tyre worth every penny

Using Tapatalk

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by maxibaby01 View Post
    That's more what I pay for my Ardi tyres, Pete!
    Other tyres that I've not used, but are rated by a few people down our way on R53s are the Finnish Nokian brand.
    Not that well-known over here I think, but in Europe yes. They apparently do a great winter tyre too.
    Keen pricing too.

...end...
    I've used the Nokian winter tyres before on one of my MINI's and the car was transformed in the cold weather. When we had snow and slush I could carry on regardless . The Finnish do know a bit about cold and wet weather wind you. They were WRG2 model and I would recommend them to anyone. Not sure they make that model anymore...

Car
    Cooper
    Running the new Nankangs which are rated to 150mph and again great grip on new wheels, was using them on my old wheels on the S and have to say I pushed the car on and no point did I feel worried even in the wet. They are made by Yokohama, a lot of people would be surprised at exactly where brands are made. My mate Bruce hauls Michelin tyres from Dundee heading for abroad and they make a few different names all for different markets abroad. And at £52 a corner cant complain, could have got Toyos as well for a wee bit more, and that's for 205/45 17's

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    I always feel there's a great trade off between cost and quality especially when tyres are concerned. I decided to go down the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric route this time on the F56. I've used them before and they have a good trade off between durability and grip. I'll be replacing the tyres on the R53 shortly and again I'm going to stick with what I like and trust, Continental Contact Sports. I'm not a big fan of the cheap tyres I've had a few in the past and never felt confident with them in certain conditions. Horses for courses as they say but if you find a good tyre and you're happy with it that's a great result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm another one who's a fan of the Conti Sports. The tyres that came with my R56 were not a known brand so I changed them out after only a few hundred miles and I could not believe the difference. The car felt so much better for it and gave me more confidence (but not too much) to push on a bit more. True what they say though, you can have the most expensive car on the planet but the 4 black things are the only part connecting it to the ground so spend wisely. That goes for safety too.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    All of the above yet again proves that no matter what you personally like, have confidence in and feel comfortable with nearly everyone else has a differing opinion.

I'm guessing that we all won't be moving to North Korea anytime soon.