Modern MINI oscars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car #3, BMW 320Cd, Celica GTFour
    I quite like how the two can blend. Facebook deals with all the attention seeking / benign questions / moronic questions / rtfm questions, leaving forums for actual discussion and searchable content.

Facebook can also be useful for events organising right enough.

Car
    Cooper
    Easy to see that the Miniacs will wln as see same names posting multiple votes, strange way of doing this really!

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    If you have not cast your vote yet .there is still time to do so
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Easy to see that the Miniacs will wln as see same names posting multiple votes, strange way of doing this really!
    Seen that Paul. I think Modern MINIs response to people asking why is being done via Facebook is terrible.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Seen that Paul. I think Modern MINIs response to people asking why is being done via Facebook is terrible.
    William, what was the response from MM? I must confess to not being a subscriber.
    I've bought the odd copy, but don't really like the style or the way it's written/edited, but that's a personal view.
    I guess that it takes less effort to just collate figures from FB popularity contest and award the one with the most votes, the title...

...end...

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    T I'm not too sure if you read Tony's question to MM about the club award but it was very well put and he also made a couple of suggestions in relation to how he felt that it could be dealt with. A simple and effective post with Martyn Collins replying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I was gonna stay out of it but I just couldn't hold my tongue when I woke up an hour or so ago:

"For the record, here's my two penn'orth for what it's worth:

It's nice to know that the winner this year will be safe in the knowledge that they have NOT won the award because of the effort they have put into organising runs and attending shows. The respect that they have from others in the wider MINI community. The regular mod/admin meetings they have attended to improve the club for their members. The hours of driving to attend events literally hundreds of miles away from home to meet up with other like minded folk. The help and advice given out when a question is asked no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. The constant attention to detail. The never ending quest to find ways and means to improve their club by asking "what do you, the members, want to do/see/visit/attend ?". The thoughtfulness of the members by sending texts/pm's as soon as you have any real life dramas, or problems, offering their kind wishes and offers of help no matter what your issue is. The non-MINI related events just to mix things up a bit and strengthen what are already lifelong friendships.

I know what it takes and is involved to win the award as I've been in the winning club for the last two years, GPUKOC in 2013 & New MINI Scotland in 2014.

There are no doubt a few clubs that will know in their hearts that they are just like the clubs I have described above and feel that they truly deserve the award but, sorry folks, it just ain't gonna be you this year.

May I suggest the name be changed from "M.M. Oscars" to the "M.M. X-Factor Style Most Votes Wins Award" ?

It's a shame that the winners will not have been carefully thought about, and all their efforts considered, and I feel that the "easiest option" to decide the winner has been taken instead.

This year will not be about those that talk the talk, it'll sadly be about those who shout the loudest.

I have not posted the club that I want to win as this year it just seems pointless in doing so.

Pete"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CiderFex; 20th February 2016 at 10:19 AM.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Well said Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    You are so right Pete. I've bitten my tongue about it too to some degree but came back from work last night and thought it was better to say something now than leave it until after the awards had been given and make it look like I was complaining about who won. That wasn't what it was all about. In the past when the MM oscars have been awarded they have short listed clubs that MM clearly thought deserved the award. I've no idea why that hasn't happened again this year. The bit that's also a little frustrating was the fact that Martyn Collins also says its just light hearted ... I doubt the winning club see it that way for the reasons that you outlined above Pete. What I think is that MM just wanted an easy way to decide the award and hence the reason decided to deal with it on FB. MM couldn't pick a club to decide the best owners club through their dedication, attendance at events, etc because as we know MM aren't always at some of the events !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Well said Pete
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz