R56 Cooper JCW Wanted

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Yep looks like you're right Ali, seems to be mid-late 2012 for the N18, heres a few details I nicked from elsewhere:

N14 Engine - N14B16AC (171hp / 177 ft-lbs)
    Infinitely variable single VANOS (intake only)
    Siemens DME MED17.2 engine management

N18 Engine - N18B16M0 (181hp / 191 ft-lbs)
    Infinitely variable double VANOS
    Map-controlled oil pump
    Variable valve timing (Valvetronic) with 3-phase servomotor and integrated eccentric shaft sensor
    Composite camshaft construction
    New piston design
    Siemens DME MEVD17.2.2

The PCV design is updated in the N18. Rather than an external hose on the passenger side, the vacuum line is internal to the valve cover. This is (presumably) intended to reduce propensity for effluents pooling in the intake manifold. The boost line between the valve cover and turbo intake pipe is also different but seems to be functionally equivalent.

The N18 added a cosmetic cover over the front of the valve cover.

The N18 adds a small heat shield over the turbo oil pipe to help mitigate any coking in the line.

The turbo intake pipe in the N18 is rigid, as opposed to the flexible pipe in the N14.

The noisemaker is eliminated in the N18.

The N18 intake airbox base is slightly different (the JCW intake won't fit because the mounting screws don't line up).

The N18 oil dipstick is different (and many would say a step backwards in usability)

The Sport Button adds "pop and burble" to the exhaust

Car
    Cooper
    There's a girl called Erin Agent who advertises on most of the Mini fb forums for her carbon fibre goodies and she does them for every model of car produced. Have seen some of her stuff and it is top quality and although in the USA they post all over the world and even supply Mini dealers with their goodies. The company is called http://www.carbonmini.com/#! but she is always doing special offers on the fb sites and have talked to her through messenger about getting stuff for my R55, they also sell some cool accessories if you check out their website

cheers Paul

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    ^^ have you seen the price of the stuff though Paul. I enquired about some F56 bits and had to sit down when she sent me the price list.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Aye, for me it looks quite nice but is mostly overlay products so no particular weight saving, just aesthetic improvement.

Car
    R56 JCW and various race MINI's
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    There's a girl called Erin Agent who advertises on most of the Mini fb forums for her carbon fibre goodies and she does them for every model of car produced. Have seen some of her stuff and it is top quality and although in the USA they post all over the world and even supply Mini dealers with their goodies. The company is called http://www.carbonmini.com/#! but she is always doing special offers on the fb sites and have talked to her through messenger about getting stuff for my R55, they also sell some cool accessories if you check out their website

cheers Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    ^^ have you seen the price of the stuff though Paul. I enquired about some F56 bits and had to sit down when she sent me the price list.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMischief View Post
    Aye, for me it looks quite nice but is mostly overlay products so no particular weight saving, just aesthetic improvement.
    I've been sponsored by Carbonmini since 2012 and im looking at supplying it in the uk so the cost will come down slightly, its still far cheaper than the dealership and they do bits that arent available from MINI also. I have the full dash kit and some door pieces

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox18 View Post
    I've been sponsored by Carbonmini since 2012 and im looking at supplying it in the uk so the cost will come down slightly, its still far cheaper than the dealership and they do bits that arent available from MINI also. I have the full dash kit and some door pieces
    Any plans for replacement parts rather than just overlay?? I think that'd get more interest...overlay's just a more expensive way of doing "carbon look film"...

Car
    R56 JCW and various race MINI's
    Any plans for replacement parts rather than just overlay?? I think that'd get more interest...overlay's just a more expensive way of doing "carbon look film"...
    I imagine the cost would jump up a bit

Even manufacturers like McLaren if you buy the carbon interior pack.. It's overlays

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car #3, BMW 320Cd, Celica GTFour
    How much weight saving would you expect to achieve with full carbon?

I'm not denying carbon overlay on plastic will actually add weight, but given the OEM plastic dash panels weigh about as much as a hamster...

I'm happy with my carbon overlay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Rear panels are in the process

More say looks than weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk