Cooper boot won't open

So, Thanks for the help with my Windows.....now I have a new problem......I have an 03 Cooper......the boot won't unlock.....is there any ideas on cause?....I haven't tried anything yet.....but I usually find i'm not the first person to have a fault.....and the forum is a great way to get fixes.
    Thanks in advance for your help

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    The microswitch in the tailgate handle is bad for rusting away. Best just to buy a complete tailgate handle and change it over. Just 3 or 4 torx screws hold it on.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    As above but if you need to open the boot there is a pull handle under the back seat bench.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    mini cooper s
    same thing happened to me, totally panicked and found out my daughter had jammed a hoodie in the door, pulled it away and working ok now
    T006SHY

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car #3, BMW 320Cd, Celica GTFour
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    The microswitch in the tailgate handle is bad for rusting away. Best just to buy a complete tailgate handle and change it over. Just 3 or 4 torx screws hold it on.
    4 T20 torx then pull it out carefully so it doesn't suddenly release and damage the plug connector.

I've got a couple of working handles kicking about if the OP needs a replacement. (We remove the locking mechanism on the racecars so just use dud handles and keep the good ones safe!)

Thanks...I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
    Peter c

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I hoped I'd got something stuck as well....nope!