MTH Powerchip Mod

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    you dont do any tweaking - the guy Franz will provide a modified map for your car including any mods you have carried out from standard

KINGHORN
    i am very intreged with this but cant uderstand how u can get the best map for ur engine without having it on the rollers to see exactly whats happening,

CooperTrooper
    Martin,

Been reading up on this all morning in work :evil:

and reckon i understnad whats goin on here, it does seem a little cheap tho', i mean surely he could charge a bit more without anyone raisin eyebrows?

anyways, im definetely goin for this, cos i love tamperfering with anything . . .

i see u live in aberdeen martin, is there anyone in glasgow who would want to chip in for a cable? and to compare results?

or is this thread dyin a death! :mad:

:)

CooperTrooper - glad you are keen to go for it - and even more pleased that you read all the threads that I posted, most of the answers to peoples questions are in there

Havent heard from anyone in your area yet who is interested - but if I do I will happily get them together with you so you can jointly buy a cable. Or if you are ever in Abz, we could maybe arrange something - it takes 5 minutes to download the file - a few hours for Franz to return the map and a further 5 minutes to download back to the car.

The mods Franz undertakes to the ECU are almost identical to the mods in the modified map provided by ChipTuning in the latest Go Mini mag - but they charge £500 and you have to return the car to them to have the chip removed or modified etc.

I think Franz's price is lower than he could charge - but I aint complaining

CooperTrooper
    Cheers martin,

the next hurdle is a laptop, ive got about 5 desktops tho' and a window next to my desk in work! so im thinkin a 5m cable might be enough for me.

Sorry to keep pesterin u , but do u know of any other parameters can be set? i read somewhere that someone has turned on a beep at 30mph, cool gadgets like this really turn me on

Pretty sure you wont get it to work over 5m. Sure you will be able to find a laptop - it doesnt need to be anything fancy, in fact some people have found win 98 machines to be more reliable for this than newer XP ones.

that beep is the "speed limit" warning I think - can be set on the sat nav system.

Someone has asked Franz whether he can activate the dealer options - spot lamps, window options etc. Havent heard a reply yet.

I downloaded some diagnostic logging software, havent tried it yet - but looks quite impressive and I think it will work with the cable.

macblob
    Damm that seems cheap!!!!

If i want a remap done to my cupra its going to set me back about £500.
    Mind you dont know if there is more to take in to account with a turbo'd engine.

Wish I could get remap for £50.....would definately give it a go

CooperTrooper
    martin,

we've got a couple oldish laptops kickin about in here, but in work, if i stick the car round the back, i reckon i can get it within 2m or so.

Diagnostic software? sounds scary, im the kinda guy that HAS to press the red button!, thinkin i might just order the cable up so i can get playing!

ANYONE IN THE GLASGOW AREA - CABLE SHARIN OPPORTUNITY!

I'm like you - I love tinkering and finding out how people do things - mobile phones, xbox's , ps2's etc always like to make them work "better"

Anyway good luck, I ordered my cable from the german site listed on the MTH site - and I received it within a few days.