MTH Powerchip Mod

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Moonshine
    Can anyone help?
    Ive downloaded the map from the car and saved it to my laptop and i'm about to send it to franz - however the upload page is looking for two files??
    what are they? or is one enough?

Gerry

You have to send him the org file which is your original map and the MIM file which shows that you have paid for and registered your VIN number

Moonshine
    aha!!

was i supposed to enter me key number in the blie box prior to downloading the map, or is this kust required to be entered on uploading the new map?

sorry

g

Thats just required when you go to download the new map - have you got your key code from the site already??? Did you definitely enter your VIN correctly - its worth opening the MIM file and having a look at the txt file inside it , it should have your vin stored in it

Moonshine
    i have the key written down. i wondered because i opened the MIM file and noticed the key field was blank. I'll enter the key when i upload the map

Gerry

Yeah thats fine, you can either type it into the field you saw in the file , or you can enter it via the cartune software. Take it the download went fine then ?, which is good - if that went smoothly then usually the upload back to the ecu goes fine too.

Moonshine
    yeah, the download seemed to go OK, however i'm not sure that the email to franz went as smoothly. Once i filled in the fields on the form and pressed submit, i was redirected back to the form. Is this usual or does this indicate that i have made an error somewhere?

Gerry

Did you get some kind of message (probably in German)???? Try resending it. If it said Sie müssen zwei Dateien auswählen" it means you didnt select two files. If it comes up with a german message let me know what it says via email