2003 R53 Cimate Control only blowing warm air

My 2003 R53 with climate has recently started to blow only luke warm air even when set to HI.

I did find a slight leak in my radiator which I have replaced with a new item and thoroughly bled the system using the two bleed screws. All pipes are now hot both in the engine and to the heater matrix.

The lower and upper heater matrix pipes are both too hot to touch, with the lower being ever so slightly warmer than the top pipe.

I've only recently fitted a new thermostat, thermostat housing, expansion bottle, expansion bottle cap and oil cooler.

When I use the on board dash function to show water temperature it generally cycles between 87 and 96 degrees. If I freewheel at motorway speeds it sometimes dips to 84 degrees. When running and stationary it slowly creeps up to 106 when the slow speed fan kicks in and it drops again to the high 80s / low 90s.

I've bought a new heater matrix in case mine in blocked, but don't think this is the case due to the temperature of the pipes going to and from it. So haven't fitted yet.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

John

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    John everything that you've done and pointed out is how it should be especially if the heater matrix pipes are hot to touch (although sometimes they're too cold to touch too) ... It seems weird that you're only get warm air. Have you checked the all the pipes in the engine bay are definitely hot I had one on Catherine's that was cold but managed to bleed the air out of it although we still had hour or cold air ... Do you get freezing cold air when you put the temp down ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Cheers Davy, cools perfectly, but just won't get really hot. I've touched every pipe under the engine that I can reach and all piping hot. The heater matrix itself is too hot to touch which would should surely therefore provide heat if air is passed through it? Confused 😕

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've also run the climate through its diagnostic test which resulted in no faults showing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Want More BHP!
    Car
    GP
    can I ask please our climate wont switch off from the recycle mode any thoughts on whats wrong with it , I tried disconnecting the battery but no change
    thanks