GP2 in Forza 6.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    After noticing that the GP2 in Forza 6, a racing game franchise on the Xbox consoles, had the roof number of 0337 I posted on FB as to who the owner was in the hope that it was actually someone on FB, or if someone knew who the owner was.
    p.s. Turn 10 are the game developers

Ryan S. Mclune replied with the below which is a nice story as to how his GP2 ended up in the actual game.

"Turn 10 contacted Seattle MINI who then contacted me looking for a stock GPII. I was very happy to offer up my GP for the photos. It was kind of exciting to have thousands of photos taken of Whitworth and he was pretty excited to be in the spotlight. Turn 10 takes photos of every angle of the car with markers so they have accurate measurements and perspective. The whole process, including swapping some great stories with their photographer, took probably 6 hours. I even pulled a wheel so the photographer could get shots of the caliper and coil-over. My only modifications are black UJ valve stems and a stubby ant. I put the stock ant on for the photos at the request of Turn 10. Oh, and a Craven dipstick which I reluctantly also swapped to stock for the photos. The photos are then cataloged back at Turn 10 (right side, left side, right headlight, left headlight, right door, etc.) The modelers go to work and sometime in the future the car arrives. It was first released in the Bondurant car pack for FM5 (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us...urant_car_pack) and later a pack for FM2 and of course it is in FM6. That’s also the point in time I bought my first console since the PS1 and a wheel. I have 1 game on my XBone and that’s Forza for the sole purpose of driving my car in the game. At this point I think I’ve put more miles on the virtual 0337 than the real 0337 but that’s another story. I’ve tuned the in-game GP so it actually kind of drives like the GPII as well.

As far as including the number on the GP in the game that was a decision by Turn 10. A decision I favored and actually requested. The alternative for them would have been to use a number that didn’t exist IRL (like 0000 or 0501) and that just didn’t feel authenticate to me. They were concerned about players tracking the car back to me. I really felt if they were going to model the car accurately they should model it with a valid number and I gave them the full nod to use my number. Being as most GPs are tracked anyway it wasn’t a problem for me. I’m really glad that they did in fact use a real number.

So that’s the summary of how 0337 ended up in the game. Happy to answer any additional questions"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CiderFex; 22nd November 2015 at 03:24 AM.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Excellent story and credit where credits due to both Ryan and the manufacturer for going to all that trouble. Hope Ryan got a free copy of the game out of it ... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    That is a cracking story, well done Pete for tracking the owner down

Car
    r53s jcw
    Great story.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Great work Pete. Always like finding out these little bits
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Cooper
    Brilliant read and very interesting

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Thanks all.
    :)
    It is nice to add a bit more to the GP story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor