Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    R53 Mini Cooper S
    So Kuhmos or RS3 hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Angib View Post
    Thanks for the correction - the good thing that it was for the GP2 that Michelin were persuaded to make the Super Sports in a 'normal' size as almost all the other sizes are 18 and above in 25-40 aspect ratio, which include OEM use on some Porsches and Ferraris. And I'm not surprised as they feel good enough for that use.
    Super sports are great tyres ,why they went with Kuhmo must have been down to purely the grip they provided as they only lasted about 2000 miles on our GP's
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    R53 Mini Cooper S
    That's a big factor for me, I've achieved 6k to shows runs and work since MMM, which has best lifespan?

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    As mentioned above I swear by Kumho KU39's.
    The ones that I had on my OEM GP alloys had done well o'er 15K had still had 5mm on the fronts with quite a lot of "spirited" driving.
    When I fitted my T.D. Imola R.S. another full set of 39's were fitted as soon as the weather improved enough to remove The Winters.
    I have only had a couple of "moments" when using them but that was when I hit about 2" of standing water on the M74 on the way back home after The Glencoe Run.
    I fear that a lesser tyre would not have left me still on the tarmac.
    For my driving ability they suit all conditions that are thrown at them.
    In the wet they give out loads of confidence, in the dry they are nice a grippy but not enough to wear them out too quickly and the even once got me home through 2" snow but I honestly wouldn't use them as a permanent Winter tyre with everyday use.
    To say that they are a "Ultra High Performance Summer Tyre" they are quiet, comfortable, great in the wet (they have an A wet rating) and they last for ages.
    Will I buy them again, yes.
    Would I recommend them to anyone, yes.

Davy can vouch for how far I pushed 1499 when these had been on the car for less than two weeks as he followed me for quite a while on The H.B.T.

I didn't too bad following William with them on on The Glencoe Run either.

The only thing that let them down was my confidence and ability.

Just to prove their use and value Sussex Road & Race now use them on their race MINI's.
    (they must've heard about my driving on The H.B.T.)

p.s. Myself, my wife, all of my close relatives do not work for Kumho or any of their subsidiaries and I do not receive any financial gain from recommending their products.
    It's a shame really 'cos if I did I'd be minted.
    :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CiderFex; 25th October 2015 at 09:15 AM.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I've been running Continental Sport Contact 3's for a couple of years or more now and have been happy with them. Especially after the runflats! Looking to change in the near future as a couple of them are getting a bit low on tread now (done the back to front swap already), so I could either go for the same again or maybe the newer CSC5's which are supposed to be good according to the EVO tyre test from a while back. I could probably get away with just getting 2 to be honest, but fresh rubber all round quite appeals! Interesting to read others' experiences though. Tyres often get overlooked despite being arguably the main thing that separates you from a rather large accident!

Any tips on where's the best place to buy from? I got my CSC3's from my Mini dealer as they actually sourced them cheaper than the prices I got from the usual online outlets... Strange but true!

ps Sorry not been on here for ages - family situation etc. Anyway, I'm still alive!!!!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Cooper
    I buy all my tyres from Skidz in Falkirk, always get a good deal

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    I'm running Continental Sport Contact 3's as well, haven;t had any problems with them, had them on all last winter as well and didn't get stuck, a bit slippy one day, but that was my fault for going out in the snow

Got my last set from black circles bought online and delivered to a local garage for fitting, saved a decent amount over National and Kwik Fit from what I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    I've been running Continental Sport Contact 3's for a couple of years or more now....
    Given the list of performance improvements in your signature, you sound like someone who could make use of Pilot Super Sports - they really are a big step up from the Contis. The extra bite in the steering on turn-in would amaze you.

I'm running them just now brilliant tyre
    Pilot super sports

Using Tapatalk

Car
    R53 Mini Cooper S
    Interesting to me that there is so much hate for run-flats. On the r56 I had p-zeros front and some mid range on the back (can't remember) all standard tires. I don't know if it's a change of model related feeling but I feel 10x more confident throwing my r53 (with run flats) about over the r56.

Also enjoying this discussion! I think the Kumhos might be on my shopping list however, really good price for the reviews you guys are giving