JCW stuttering..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Well...

Tested it again yesterday morning and on the way home and again this morning on the way in to work, as I thought the car being cold might have something to do with it (on the way home the car runs for longer before the faster bit of road) and would you believe it? no stuttering at all, either time..
    This is just weird. Same fuel, same bit of road, car running for the same length of time, and nothing wrong.
    Could it be a dodgy plug or lead?

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Could still be a partially choked fuel filter...or maybe a coil pack on the way out...or some dodgy fuel (pinking?)

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMischief View Post
    Could still be a partially choked fuel filter...or maybe a coil pack on the way out...or some dodgy fuel (pinking?)
    No idea now.. I'll start with the cheapest option... different fuel. It always gets super unleaded, I'll just have to try some other stuff - that was Tesco super the last time cos it was closest..

Anybody here tried Seafoam? (Lights touchpaper and legs it)

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Have you tried an ECU reset?

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    Have you tried an ECU reset?
    Not tried that yet, could be a good shout if it happens again!

Did the Seafoam treatment over the weekend, with a new tankfull of fuel, and the car feels to be running more smoothly now.. might just have been the fuel, but there was plenty of crap came out with the treatment

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Thats good Ewan, Sounds like the seafoam done its job
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    Not tried that yet, could be a good shout if it happens again!

Did the Seafoam treatment over the weekend, with a new tankfull of fuel, and the car feels to be running more smoothly now.. might just have been the fuel, but there was plenty of crap came out with the treatment
    Hope it lasts mate...here's a guide to changing the fuel filter if the stutter comes back. Bit of a PITA that BMW reckon it's a lifetime item

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMischief View Post
    http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

Hope it lasts mate...here's a guide to changing the fuel filter if the stutter comes back. Bit of a PITA that BMW reckon it's a lifetime item
    Cheers! I have read about it beng a PITA to change as well, and a few folk on NAM saying that BMW reckon that it should only be changed 77-100K miles....
    ..you know that guide is for the R50/3? I'm not 100%.. but I *think* the pump is in the same place on the r56?

Car
    r53s jcw
    So my R53 s JCW has developed the same sort of problem, a stutter around 2-3000 revs under partial throttle, like during an easy overtake. My mechanic has suggested fuel filter or pump. Both are inside the tank. Filter is £20ish plus labour, if its the pump closer to £500 all in. Not sure whether to just go with the filter and hope that cures or just get both done while he's in there. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Car
    World’s highest powered r53 m45 460bhp 460wtq
    Check your plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk