Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	5951
    I know this is probably the wrong section but wanted to ask if anyone knows this mini. It's a shot in the dark but it's one we're thinking of getting Catriona. Car is based in Hamilton. Planning on an AA inspection first prior to purchase.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Chap was reluctant about AA inspection on the yellow mini and still waiting for details of where AA can see the car. Once the neon light stopped flashing, I continued the hunt and have put a deposit down on this little baby pending AA inspection. Unlike the other chap, this dealer welcomed AA looking over the car. This one is in Buckhaven. Fingers crossed it will all be good and here in time for her 17thClick image for larger version. 

Views:	41 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	5952Click image for larger version. 

Views:	34 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	5953Click image for larger version. 

Views:	33 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	5954Click image for larger version. 

Views:	34 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	5955

Nice and it's a facelift so should be better screwed together and give you less issues to your Mini ownership. I've always (stupidly) ignored the facelift advice given by many on here and always at my peril as I've had no end of issues with both my pre-facelift cars, I do still love them though. Good luck
    Last edited by jdl_1967; 19th August 2015 at 06:13 AM.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Looks nice for Catriona :). Best of luck with it !

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    It looks great in the pics but dealer became ver cagey when I suggested we made a deposit prior to an inspection. I think he was scared they would make comparison with a new mini. Anyway he never did get back to me with the location for inspectors to see the car!
    AA inspection of the red mini is scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's all in good order. Catriona is beside herself with excitement. All being well, the car is to be christened 'Lola'.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    AA report on the red and black mini wasn't great. Two different accident damage repairs done badly, over spraying etc, window seal of windscreen not fitted properly, loads of road damage, problems with seat adjustment, exhaust starting to blow, poor tyres, and the bit that really put us off, cigarette burns on the back seat and a patch on the front passenger seat. Seems someone didn't care a great deal for their mini.
    Today we went to look at a one down beside Shotts 07 plain chilli. We brought it home with us today. Will need one wheel refurbished, it's really not in great condition at all. Tyres all have good tread but intend changing them as I'm sure they're different treads on the same axles. Also intend replacing the discs and pads. The car had obviously been detailed but have to say I was a bit blunt with the chap about the mess under the bonnet - muckitt! We went through the paperwork with a fine tooth comb. Judging by the service record, MOTs etc the car only did an average of 3-4000 miles on each of the last three years. Just got 53,000 on the clock which really is not much in mini terms. Got the impression it wasn't used to being driven but a few miles up the road I think it started to 'enjoy' the experience. I certainly did. I'd forgotten how much fun a wee hatch is out in the roads. Catriona was seriously chuffed with her car and can't wait till her driving lessons start next month. Gives us time to get all the things done to it so we know it's 100% for her to be driving.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Great to hear that you've managed to get a car and fingers crossed you'll get the couple of wee niggles sorted ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    always good when you find a car that fits the bill.....happy motoring
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Thank you. Got it booked on for brakes etc, so with some new socks and shoes will do just grand for a new driver.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	5966 Can someone identify this interior please? According to the car spec, Catriona's car should have cosmos black cloth seats but that's the colour of Dougall's seats and these are definitely not it. Also interested to know if anyone knows what a salt pack in a one would include. There is a spoiler on this car but it's definitely not chilli red. Could it have been added after the car was built? Yesterday I spent eight hours cleaning the car. It puzzled me that the interior was almost pristine apart from one tiny bit of white -paint? - on the dash, yet the seats look brand new. Also I think the previous owner maybe put on a new front bumper as it shows little sign of road use and whoever fitted it hasn't used enough clips as it's got a wobble at the same side as the dodgy wheel, while I suspect the bonnet was polished within an inch of its life to get rid of swirls etc. most of the paintwork is silky smooth but but despite polishing the bonnet still feels rough to the touch in parts. Eldest son is going to take his spin doctor over it to see if he can fix it. New wheels arriving today and being fitted with rainexpert tyres same as Dougall, and new plates ought to finish the make over.
    Next Monday car is going in for an independent inspection new brakes etc because I think there are a few anomalies with this car, not anything sinister, but possibly more neglect than the initial polished paintwork suggested. Better to be safe than sorry!

Yesterday was unbelievably hard work but I think it definitely made a difference. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	5967Click image for larger version. 

Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	5968Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	5969Click image for larger version. 

Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	5970Click image for larger version. 

Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	5971Click image for larger version. 

Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	5972Click image for larger version. 

Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	5973