f54

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bmw mini are doing me proud at the moment.
    i had a couple of early r50 minis and they were great for me then.... And now as my family grow I can stay with the brand and the more door minis are about running with me as I need a bigger car they are launching one.....

Still think a mini should be an a.series though..

Still got couple of old school minis and will be interesting parking next to each other's when it is launched...

Car
    r53s jcw
    Just noticed the pic of the rear, that is a big ass.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    The fact that the new MINI has been with us for 15/18 months now and very few of us have purchased, speaks volumes. When the R50/R53 came out we were gobsmacked, then with the R56 there were queues (ok I was not one of them) at BMW doors, but it all looked good.
    Unfortunately the MK3 is following the VW Golf route of being the 'least desirable' models
    I've not been on here for a while, I wonder why? Very few of "us" have bought an F56 but That does not mean it is not a good car. They are selling well and there are lots on the roads now. The 5 door is also selling well.

As someone who has actually owned all variants of the MINI I really feel that the F56 is a much better car overall than the previous variants. The interior quality is far better than before and the range of equipment available is fantastic. The ride quality is a easier to live with (especially compared with the r50) yet the fun factor is still there. The engine in the Cooper is absolutely fantastic, more than a second quicker than the r56 to 60 and even more impressive in gear acceleration due to the turbo. All this and average fuel consumption of 48mpg for me, 60mpg easily achievable on a run and £20 for road tax.

The F54 does not look great in some of the pictures but I expect it will look good in the flesh. It will be pricey though with the Cooper version starting at £19 995.

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Not sure if link will work...

https://ssl.mini.de/configurator/#component_0

...hope yer german is good though

- - - Updated - - -

...skip above post F54 now on UK MINI site to configure, Cooper S only just now
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I hate to say it, but here we go again! Some people will loathe it, some people will love it.

Personally, these days the whole 'is it or isn't it a proper MINI' thing just goes right over my head (like most things cos I'm a short *rse). It's been a LONG time since MINI created anything like the impact it did back in 2001, and it has evolved into what it is, in some ways not as good as the 'original', in some ways better. No real point getting fussed about it. It's not going to affect anything.

If you like it, great, if you don't, just enjoy the older versions. Nothing stays the same, in cars, or in life.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    When we were at the Clubman launch earlier in the year, this is very much what Olly was talking about. Seems like MINI are moving in the right direction.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Me likey