f54

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or something like that.

I like it and it may at some point in the future replace the A3 sport-back.............but like the Paceman / Clubman, which are good cars, it's not a Mini...."as we know it Jim"....imo

for me the Hatch = retro classic mini
    Clubman / Clubvan = retro mini van variant, only wish they had done a pickup!
    Convertible = retro Hamann Convertible

In my opinion the rest are good cars, but not minis.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeswagon View Post
    As an F56 owner for almost a year, I've grown accustomed to all the non-likers.

But also in that year I've never felt the need to go onto an R53/R56 thread and say I don't like them, what's the point, it all gets very boring
    Fully understand, but, you're always going to get folks opinions on new cars, if not, then i agree that would be boring

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the existing derivatives? While waiting for my car I had a countryman demo which I really liked, a convertible which I liked but not practical for me and a paceman which I didn't like/didn't get.
    Can't comment, that would be boring

While waiting for my car I had a ... paceman which I didn't like/didn't get.
    It would seem lots of people feel the same, so the Paceman has been something of a flop.

But I can see the logic - something like a junior Range Rover Evoque - "I'm scared enough to need a 4x4-ish, but I want to look smart too".

I think it looks better in these pics, still not 100% convinced, mind you I'm sure I said the same when both the R56 and F56 were launched....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    In my opinion that's a nicer colour and nicer wheels than anything available on the F56. I really like the F54 and given the available options it seems I'm more likely to get one unless they put some of it on the F56 :). When are they launching the F54 JCW?

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    The fact that the new MINI has been with us for 15/18 months now and very few of us have purchased, speaks volumes. When the R50/R53 came out we were gobsmacked, then with the R56 there were queues (ok I was not one of them) at BMW doors, but it all looked good.
    Unfortunately the MK3 is following the VW Golf route of being the 'least desirable' models

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Plenty of F56s on the roads though....

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniSnaps View Post
    Plenty of F56s on the roads though....

...from what I see driving out and about this is true
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
    Fully understand, but, you're always going to get folks opinions on new cars, if not, then i agree that would be boring

Can't comment, that would be boring
    Opinions are fine, they are like ar$ehole$, everybody's got one. What bugs me is reading those opinions over and over when it's nothing at all to do with the topic, trust me that does get boring.

So in this case, since this thread is about the F54, feel free

Crombers, maybe few on here have purchased, but maybe new minis are a different market / price range etc?

Coming in this morning, I did a quick count of minis that I met. The majority were R56s, but I saw more F56s and more Countrymans than I did R53s. Having said that I also saw more Audi S1s than R53s, so maybe Aberdeen is a bit odd.

Until I see it in the flesh, I'm not going to say yay/nay. The mini site has the 2.0 D starting around £22k, so by the time I spec it up it might be more than I want to spend anyway.

It's a ruddy big car - same size as an early Mondeo.